tuscl

Required stripper STD testing

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:48 AM
Shadow posted this link about a legislative bill to require strippers to get a license in Texas. [view link] While the bill overall is lame and stupid, I did think it had one smart idea. It would require strippers to get regular STD testing. I think that would be awesome. Indeed, I might be able to do everything bareback under those circumstances. Has anyone ever required a dancer to get an STD test as a condition for OTC or P4P?

20 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    I think strippers also should reveal their SAT test scores.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    JS69: " Indeed, I might be able to do everything bareback under those circumstances." Lol! You have got to be shitting us!
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    No. I would fuck a stripper bareback, or any girl for that matter, if she had a recent negative test. Sounds pretty low risk.
  • RickyBoyDugan
    10 years ago
    Guys with my type of personality like risks. Even needless ones. So I would never require an STD test. In fact, even if she had one, I would tell her not to tell me. Would take away the roulette factor and part of the fun.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    This is a stupid proposed law. It's just another fucking tax (pun intended). Why can't you be a stripper if you've been arrested for drugs or prostitution??? You get caught with a joint and you now can't work in Texas?? You get busted once for P4P and you can't work in a legitimate industry? How does that help our economy? Do we want these women on welfare or what????? I never thought Texas would be a state in favor of more taxes but it just points out the hypocrisy of politicians trying to 'out moral' each other.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Should customers have to get STD tests too?
  • hotwheels
    10 years ago
    I have definitely required my OTC stripper GF to get an STD test. More than once. And she did.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    hotwheels - "I guess you could say P4P isn't a turn on for me." Huh?
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    Talk about stereotyping strippers as whores. Outrageous. Course, for many companies, potential employees are drug addled monsters ready to kill on the least impetus.
  • hotwheels
    10 years ago
    I have done it (p4p) and yes it was very very good sometimes. I am changing my biz model though. Over time I realized that it was not that hard to score a hookup gf here and there for free. So I said f it. I am going to tighten up the cash flow. But as you rightly pointed out my comments have not been entirely consistent.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    The most reliable STD tests on the market only tell you whether or not you were infected about three weeks ago, depending on what you're testing. Six months or longer for HIV.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Micro, you are way off. Old test for HIV was good at three months or less. The newest tests are reliable at two weeks. Many other tests are also fully reliable at two weeks. A few things like herpes may take longer to show up, but not a lot.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Last time I got a herpes test I think the window was still may up at 12 to 16 weeks.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    If strippers had a license to drive would be an improvement.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I may be off, but I'm not "way off." At my last test, last month, they gave me the standard warning of "for HIV, this test is only indicative up to about six months ago" speech. Admittedly, since it's the free clinic, they might not be using the most up to date tests, but I still think I'm gonna pay more attention to a doctor.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I took an HIV test in December and got the results 2 weeks later.
  • hotwheels
    10 years ago
    The point here is that the typical HIV test only tests for the presence of antibodies to the HIV virus. Since it can take a long time after infection with HIV for the antibodies to be present (up to 6 months I think), a negative result on an HIV test does not mean you are not infected with the HIV virus. In fact if you were very recently infected it probably won't pick it up. Another FYI here. You can get an HIV home test kit at most pharmacies. It is a lot quicker and easier than going to a clinic and it tests for the same thing, ie: the presence of antibodies, not the virus itself. It is also instantaneous. You don't need to wait 2 weeks for the result. Rockstar, the fact that you needed to wait 2 weeks for your test MIGHT mean they were actually testing for the presence of the virus. You might want to check on that.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    The antibody tests are actually pretty accurate after 4-6 weeks 95-98%, IIRC. If you are low risk begin with - white, non-drug using male should be way more than good enough.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    My test was done by my insurance company as part of a new life insurance policy. I have no idea what test they did, but I got the complete report from my physical about 2 weeks later. I'm negative for STD's, tobacco, and cocaine. They didn't test for marijuana which shocked the hell out of me. All that abstinence for nothing!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I should add "hetrosexual" as another, obvious, factor in being low risk for HIV. Sorry, RickyBoy, but you're going to need a non-antibody test if you want acceptable accuracy early on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion