tuscl

Being nice to a dancer you don't want to be with

enquiz2001
Florida
Have you ever had a situation where you tip the girls, as is the custom, and the one you want to see the least decides she wants to spend her time with you when she's off the stage? How did you get rid of her - in a nice way? Have you ever tried avoiding tipping one for that reason, but she insists that you do tip her?

9 comments

• SuperDude
    19 years ago
    The dancer was scrawny, thin, ugly and missing most of her fron teeth. I don't know how she got hired in a club of mostly 8 to 10's. She recognized me from another club and did the same thing she had done before--camped in my booth and asked me for a dance about every five minutes. I just could not bring myself to get a dance from a woman who looked so bad, but every hint I dropped about not being interested did not make her leave. I could have gone the manager, but I felt sorry for her. So, I excused myself to go the the men's room and came back and sat in another section of this very large club.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    And pigs are flying everywhere.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    davids: I agree completely with your first post on this topic....it must be really cold in hell today....
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I've gotten in a habit of saying maybe later because of a few strippers who just sit, stand or argue forever if I say no. Then I meet a few dancers who actually believe me when I say maybe later and they keep coming back again and again and again. I used to just say no thanks, I'm not interested until one girl argued with me for over 15 minutes before I changed my response to maybe later. I just wanted to get rid of her but she seemed to be enjoying arguing with me. I don't understand why that one dancer was so persistently on my case after I must have told her no over a hundred times by now.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Scratch the previous post: I'm feeling sleep deprivated and dyslexic!
  • davids
    19 years ago
    "Not tonight" although truthful is potentially misleading because it implies the possibility that she can try again on another night. If you are not interested in her then why lead her on? (Some) strippers have feelings too. How nice is it to mislead? Just let her know flat out. She's going to find out sooner later if you are a regular and more honest you were the better it is for you.

Now if you are only in the club for a single night, AN's answer is perfectly acceptable. Oh, and, I also think giving the tip is a nice touch too: not to enough to mark you as a sucker but she will probably mention the "nice man" back in the dressing which could get some of her hotter friends over (just be sure you make the hot ones earn their tips, though.)
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    So the most polite thing to say is "you aren't as good as X". I prefer "No, thank you thought."
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    oh, minimal tip included ($1) in the previous statement.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Just do the obvious thing: say "I'm sorry if it seems rude, but there is another girl in here who I am more interested in seeing."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion