tuscl

Byob clubs

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, May 5, 2014 7:40 AM
I have never been to one but I have heard mention of them many times on here. Guys saying that they took their bottle of Jack, etc into the club and shared it with the dancers. This morning I was talking to a dancer friend of mine in Columbia SC and she confirmed what I though I had read in a review for Platinum West in West Columbia SC that its is beer & wine only BYBO. That if you bring in any hard liquor they will confiscate it. Are beer & wine only BYOB clubs common?

18 comments

• Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc, I think the only BYOB club I ever visited was in Ohio. It wasn't the first time I went, but in later years on another visit, it was. I didn't partake, but they told me of a walking distance liquor store where I could buy a bottle. They would hold it and serve me from it. No thanks was my answer. I've been in other clubs (the famous Mons is one) where you can't buy, but don't know if you can BYOB. A couple have served NA "beer".
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I believe it is common in South Carolina for your drinks to be checked at the door at byob clubs. There used to be a bunch of nude and byob clubs. Now there are very few that are of a type I might want to visit. I had a couple of dancers sitting next to me. I forgot to offer her a beer. I might need to bring extra if I return. I suppose the dancers can drink. I also forgot to mention they had champagne service. I'm not sure how that part skirts around the byob. Platinum West I believe was actually more crowded at midnight than the regular platinum plus club on the weekend. I'm off from work today.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    I have been to private dancer in Columbus and it is BYOB but I don't bring any. I saw a sign saying do not share with dancers. I have only seen beer.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ss1, The club I mentioned in Ohio was in Miamisburg, Diamond's Cabaret .
  • Longball300
    10 years ago
    Derriere's in Myrtle Beach; BYOB beer or booze. Couple bucks to "rent" a cooler with ice in it. No per can charge like I have heard of in other clubs. You sit at your table with your cooler on the floor. Dancers are allowed to partake. They will box up your leftover cans for you as you leave to take with you.
  • scatterbrain
    10 years ago
    Players CLub in Baltimore is BYOB and you can take anything in. THe dancers will partake most of the time. I've had some good times in there over the years.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    Interesting!
  • knight_errant
    10 years ago
    I visited two BYOBs in PA; both would let you bring in a cooler! At Partners Tavern in Erie, they let you just sit there with your cooler full of beer (or whatever) right next to you! Place smelled like the inside of a dumpster somebody had wiped their butt all over though.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Of the two I'm most familiar with, The Playhouse near Council Bluffs, IA only lets you drink beer from a can, although they have an in-house liquor store which sells wine coolers. Some of the Iowa BYOB clubs have in-house liquor stores, but I think they only sell beer, at least at the ones I know about. I believe Shotgun Geniez in Hamburg, IA will let you bring in anything, although I've never seen anyone there drinking anything stronger than beer, at least recently. The one other place I can think of that's BYOB, the Out House in Lawrence, KS, will let you bring in anything.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    I went to a BYOB in Memphis a few years back with a bottle of Hypnotic. I was swarmed by dancers and the bottle was gone in an hour. I think they charged you money just for a glass of ice. Still it worked cheaper as BYOB. A lot of clubs try charging a couple hundred for a bottle of something average. I went to one BYOB that did not allow hard liquor. Most guys would run down to the gas station down the road, buy a fountain drink, load it up with ice and cola, then dump a flask of vodka/rum/whiskey/gin into the cup. The club just figured it was a soda from the Circle K.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    One club around here recently went BYOB, they claim they didn't lose this license but who knows. No hard liquor and apparently they charge $2 per 8oz you bring in. Not that I ever visited, but this really killed it for me.
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    I recently visited a juice bar in Jacksonville that reopened in a new location but with the same city/county rules. It is totally dry. You cannot even bring in a beer. In Dallas, I have been to several nude/BYOB clubs. No limits on the type of booze, but they do check what you bring in and you do have to buy setups from the club. I have been to full nude/full bar clubs and many years ago I went to a nude club with a $20 cover that could not allow guests to bring in booze and could not sell booze but they gave every guest two "free" beers. I think, in each case, the rules have more to do with local laws than management choices.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    I have been in only one such of these animals in Canada - Chez Pierre in Edmonton. Alberta provincial laws make BYOB illegal and Chez Pierre management didn't really encourage the practice but it seems that many guys did it. Chez Pierre is the only Alberta club that has lap dances anywhere near the lap dance style of high contact USA clubs. I usually received much juicier lap dances from the Chez Pierre girls if I had a mickey to share with them.
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    Only BYOB club I've ever been in was in Longview Texas. Dive bar. I brought in a sixpack, don't know if anything else was allowed. I only had one (don't care much about drinking) but the dancers were more than happy to help. I think I left the leftovers with the cutest little dancer I've ever seen. This was in the early/middle 90s. First club I *ever* encountered a hands on experience. Didn't bring enough money -- I don't know how far I could have gone, but by todays standards it would have been considered pretty tame. Definitely the highest mileage I had ever experienced or even heard of up until then, though.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    No BYOB clubs in Cali. That's why we smuggle it in in cleverly disguised flasks that resemble cellphones.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    We got BYOB clubs in Cali, Lopaw. But that's Bring Your Own Bud. Strictly for my Glaucoma.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    Diamonds in Miamisburg OH in a BYOB club and they charge like hell for set ups. Pardners Tavern in Erie PA is a BYO club and if you bring Crown Royal you will have all kinds of dancer friends!
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I have never been to a bring your own boobs club
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion