tuscl

OT:Favorite Active Athlete

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:00 AM
Good morning my friends. After watching a 49 year old Bernard Hopkins win yet again this past Saturday, I can't help but marvel at his accomplishments. He is my favorite active athlete. To be a boxing champion at 49 is unreal. He's number three on most championship round fought. Me thinks it's 313 but I could be wrong. Anyways, score one for the old fucks still kicking ass. When I'm 49, I hope I can still kick ass.

18 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Yup..Hopkins and Foreman proved a point. What's amusing also, is that Foreman came up with the grilling machine, and Hopkins made a microwave in prison out of a shoe box, foil, and a light bulb.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Adrian Peterson
  • chessmaster
    10 years ago
    B-hop old as fuck. He'll retire after some young buck whoops dat ass. And if he dares step in the ring with mayweather that will be the end of him for sure.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Hey Slick I was gonna PM you last week about this. To think he is almost my age and still fighting at a high level amazes me.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Michelle Jenneke and Anastasia Ashley. I have to say though, I neither know nor care whether they are still active.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    For me its got to be Derek Jeter.Seen him play about a hundred times.Dude played hard,kept his nose clean,embarrassed base runners and fucked some hot hotties of the hottest.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Tiger Woods, although "active" isn't that accurate. Jeff Gordon is next.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Hopkins is old as fuck. As for getting his ass whupped, it's hasn't happened. He's lost but his ass hasn't been whupped. And Mayweather is too light. Very difficult to find an applicable catch weight.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Dice-Excellent choice. Even a born and bred Dodger fan like myself respects Jeter. Class act. Mr. November.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Darren Sproles ..always a thrill seeing him run
  • carolinaclubman
    10 years ago
    Hopkins is amazing, like him or not, to be active and competitive in a combat sport at 49 is incredible. As far as fighting Floyd, despite Bhops claim he can still make 160….he would be so weight drained he would barely be able to stand for 12 rounds much less fight. What would be interesting is if you could take the Bhop that fought DLH (contracted at 158, Bhop came in at 156) against the Floyd of today, but in the end I think Floyds hand speed would win that.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Carolinaclubman-Great observations. Floyd's hands are quicksilver but if his hands were more durable, he'd be unstoppable. It's too bad nobody has truly tested him. He's no slouch. His chin ain't glass. He's just better than the competition.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ I think mayweathers record is weak. He beat some good fighters, but some were past their prime. And some were...Who? And he did not fight Pac-man. I don't remember Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Sugar Ray ducking anyone.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Does "active" mean they still have to be in a championship hunt?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Kobe Bryant is considered active.
  • carolinaclubman
    10 years ago
    Mikey I agree with you on Floyds choice of opponents, the lack of a fight with Paq will haunt his legacy if it never happens. I would be pulling for Paq if the fight did happen, but I think Floyd would win. As mentioned by SlickSpic, Floyds most underrated quality may be his chin. Yeah, Paq has power, but Floyd can take a hell of a shot, the only time I remember seeing him seriously wobbled was when SSM caught him in round two. I think if Maidana hits Floyd clean and doesn't put him down, Paq would not be able to either. I think the only real risky fight Floyd could take (reasonably within his weight range) would be against Sergio Martinez, and it remains to be seen if he can still fight at 100%.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^Don't quite agree about Paq. Nobody has really tested Mayweather. Paq punches hard and a lot. Could easily beat Mayweather... but he could get clocked if Mayweather gets an opening.
  • carolinaclubman
    10 years ago
    Paq is definitely the one fighter Floyd should fight, he has done more to deserve that fight than any of Floyds opponents in the last five years, and SSM did say he had never been hit as hard as Paq hit him, so who knows? And that is why they need to fight. Back to the original topic, if Bhop fights and beats Adonis Stevenson…that would be amazing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion