tuscl

She no longer drinks with me at the club

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Saturday, April 5, 2014 4:56 AM
The other night, a girl who I used to spend time with let me know, almost as soon as she sat down, that she is not drinking anymore. She then launched into a monologue about how much better she feels now and how things have improved for her since she stopped. She received my warmest and sincerest congratulations. I am truly happy for her and the change is obviously good for her. She was drinking way more than she should. I am a regular whiskey drinker, but after taking her out a couple of times, it was clear that her tolerance was at least as high as mine and she is MUCH smaller than I am. But as sad as this is to say, dealing with her quickly became a real buzz-kill. She was ordering bottled waters while I was ordering Jacks on the rocks, my normal drink. By the end of my second drink, I was starting to feel a little self-conscious about the whole thing. I am going to be honest in saying that I have always cut my time short with a girl who orders a water or some other non-alcoholic drink. This has nothing to do with any attempt on my part to get my entertainers drunk, but rather that I don't particularly enjoy feeling like I'm drinking alone while I am being entertained. I visit plenty of clubs and deal with plenty of dancers where the dancer drinks have little or no alcohol and I have no issues with this whatsoever. Now I also have no issues with a dancer who does want a drink or two, but needs to mix it up and also orders some non-alcoholic stuff. And I even have no problem with a dancer who nurses her drink. But sitting there for a length of time and watching her sip on water or juice while I am downing Jacks just makes me too damned self conscious about the whole thing. Anyway, there it is.

19 comments

• steve229
    10 years ago
    I've noticed that the more a dancer drinks, the more charming, clever, & humorous I become.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    NICE that she saw the "Light" and stopped.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    You do your thing and she does her thing. That's the way it should be. Neither side should feel uncomfortable.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Don't give up hope. She may be back drinking very shortly. It's rare for alcoholics or drug users to keep off the stuff while still working or playing in places where people all around you are doing it.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Wow! You sound like a real self-conscious pussy for someone who claims to be such a "real man" there, RickyBoy. Guess it's another consequence of your "personality damage" (your term to describe yourself) and what a fsggot you are.
    10 years ago
    While I prefer a girl who keeps up with me drink for drink by no means does it bother me if she's a tea totaler. As Motorhead said, do your own thing. I reserve a special place in my heart for the girls who have what I have, typically a jack and coke. And every once in awhile I'll do their vodka and cranberry, Malibu and pineapple, or white zinfandel. All about the bonding.
  • rockie
    10 years ago
    Rick: Thanks for your candor on the subject. You are not alone in feeling this way. It's also an issue when guys go drinking together. A long time ago, I chose to drink what I drink with only concern for what I want or require. Quite often my choice is to go non alcohol or switch to non alcohol, but it is my choice. I don't make suggestions about what anyone else chooses unless their impairment so obviously threatens their ability to function. I don't ply entertainers w drinks or drugs, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an entertainment improvement occasionally if some choose a relaxant or two. If the entertainer's impairment threatens their ability to process (my judgement)- I typically take a pass but once or twice my judgement could have been incorrect. What I've always appreciated about rickdugan is that he just puts it out there! Thanks!
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    I am also a whiskey drinker but rarely drink in a club and it is usually only one. I drink top shelf whiskey and the price per drink is usually outrageous if they have it at all. The rest of the time I drink water or sip on a beer for several reasons not the least of which is the cops camped down the street from every club I have ever been to and wanting to retain the ability to not be stupid. I do not care if a girl drinks or not. I do not like a very drunk dancer as she is a hazard to me and herself. I recently had a drunker than I thought dancer decide she was going to go for a ride on Mr. Happy without a hat without prior discussion. I stopped her figuring she had been doing the same thing to the rest of the guys she danced for despite the fact she swore she was only horny for me and did not have any condoms LOL. Sloppy 25ths are not my thing. Safety first.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I know a couple dancers who stopped drinking, and they stopped being as much fun. When dancer and I drink together, we have much more enjoyable conversations. To paraphrase Ben Franklin, alcohol is proof that God loves us.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    A man of confidence should never feel self-conscious. Case in point-Yesterday I was walking past a a group of fat, 40-somethings, exercising in the park. I stopped, sat on a park bench, opened up my tub of ice cream, and it it all while they exercised and watched me eat it while they sweated in the sun. I never felt self-conscious at all.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Slick, I never would have figured you for a sadist! ;-D
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    Too much alcohol can fuck up an erection.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I have never felt self-conscious about not drinking in the club. But even if I were inclined to drink while I'm out, I've yet to find a strip club that actually serves decent Scotch or Bourbon. Sure, the bottles might be the right ones ones, but what's in them doesn't seem to be the right stuff.
  • Subraman
    10 years ago
    One of the things I enjoy most about going to the strip club -- and, in fact, the reason I go to clubs that serve alcohol and have very pretty girls rather than extras clubs -- is that I love drinking with the girls. I rarely drink outside the SC. So, while I don't expect a 110 lb. girl to keep up with me, if she's not drinking, I find a new girl. No hard feelings or anything, but I have to get out of it what I have to get out of it. In fact, during my last trip I met a pretty awesome 20-year-old, attractive, fun, but the time I was with her she didn't drink, and it just wasn't fun. That girl, a year from now, if she decides to drink in the club, you'd have to peel me off her.
  • canny
    10 years ago
    It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I drink water sometimes too.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    RickyBoy drinks to dull the shame he fails for having failed to become Gordon Gekko.
  • rogertex
    10 years ago
    No drinkin' ? Maybe she's the Designated Dancer
  • Prim0
    10 years ago
    I always need a few drinks to loosen me up. It helps me overcome my shyness with the ladies!
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    One of my faves decided to stop drugging and drank to replace it. ( this lasted about 3 months). When I'd go to her apartment she'd have me pick up a 1/2 gallon of coffee Brandy and a gallon of milk. She was a sloppy drunk, got 2 DUI's, lost her license, but kept driving. It was almost a relief when she started using drugs again. I very seldom drink at the club. When I do its Makers Mark and it is MM. But I'll nurse one or two drinks over a few hours. Too much alcohol takes the lead out of my pencil and I prefer to be totally alert when getting up close and personal.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion