tuscl

Webcams in Strip Clubs

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:17 PM
I'm a regular follower of the "Strip Club Hound" blog. He has come up with a gem on the above subject. Part of it deals with how strip clubs are attempting to compete with webcam actresses. Some great reading. I highly recommend it: [view link]

26 comments

• rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Club_Goer posted: "I'm a regular follower of the "Strip Club Hound" blog." So you're the one. ;)
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    I follow it too [two :-)]
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Eh, a handful of tourist trap clubs are trying it out, a few of which have been doing it for a number of years now. I have trouble seeing this practice becoming widespread, for any number of reasons. A lot of dancers choose to dance, over other forms of adult entertainment, precisely because of the anonymity aspect. Also, I doubt that many customers are going to be thrilled about the thought of Internet cameras in their clubs, regardless of any assurances of safety provided by management.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Rick, It's apparent you didn't read the blog entry. (You couldn't have in the time allotted between my post and yours. (He discusses the same points you mentioned. You're discussing anything new.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I do not like the idea of cameras in strip clubs especially where others can watch from home. If I had a choice, I'd probably visit clubs without these cameras. I do not want to hear," hey I saw you visited so and so at the club."
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    Mons has it and does a pretty good job managing it. The dancers get a share of the tips directed from it and only the center/rear of the stage and dressing room can be seen. They turn off the stage camera during stag shows, so the only way a customer ends up on the camera is if they rush onto the stage for some reason or end up in the dressing room.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    CG, I read what he wrote before I posted (I read at over a standard page per minute dude). Some of my opinions overlapped, but with a less hyped view on the prevalence of this and a different twist on the reactions of dancers. I also had varying opinions about some of his other comments, and definitely did not agree with his over-hyped view about camming replacing clubs, but I just wasn't motivated enough to dive into this topic in detail. As far as this hound guy is concerned, I've skimmed through his stuff over the years and some of it is not bad, but overall it is pretty basic stuff. I also tend to find his experiences to be regional in nature, truth be told.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    The DejaVu in NoHo here has announced plans to roll out a cam in the next few days and everybody is freaking out about it, dancers & customers alike.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    No thank you. I prefer REAL live warm bodies.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    This is a GREAT blog. Thanks for sharing. I've been reading this since you posted it.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I have been reading his blog for a long time.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Lopaw, He specifically mentions the Deja Vu, North Hollywood in that post. I know you go to that club. Are any of your faves likely to bolt because of the upcoming webcams?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I've never been a fan of web cams. They lack the charm that I love so much from strip clubs.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    The idea of watching a stripper on webcam seems beyond stupid to me. What is it about younger generations that makes them fear actual human interaction?
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    ^ Since I'm still in my 20's, I probably qualify for the "younger generation". I don't think most of the younger generation fears human interaction. It's just that there's less of it than there use to be because of the advancement of technology (texting,etc)
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    Keep the strip cams in your shorts.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I don't find web cam sites interesting, either. As several above have mentioned, I prefer the live interaction of being in a strip club. Knowing that some strip clubs offer web cams, I hadn't thought until now if or how I'd use it if it were available in a local club. I'd use it as a scouting tool. I'd look at it occasionally to see if there were any new dancers at that club that interested me. Then I'd make the effort to go see them. Likely on another day. I probably wouldn't rush down to my favorite clubs (16-19 miles from home), to see newly discovered talent.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Next thing will be club reviews from webcam "visits"
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Oh yeah, I'm a real big fan of webcams. Just as much as I enjoy watching someone eat a juicy, rare ribeye rather than eating my own.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    CG & art +1 Here is a follow-up post by SC Hound on 3/17: Monday, March 17, 2014 From the Strip Club Hound In the post I put up yesterday, I said "Every strip club I've ever seen go out of business had a manager who had some bad ideas and was too fucking stubborn to admit they weren't working". I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. I've seen a lot of strip clubs go out of business because the law closed them down or made it too difficult to stay in business. We are about to see the city of San Gabriel try a lot harder to do that to all the strip clubs out there and they will probably succeed. I have also seen strip clubs go out of business because the partners were fighting and their fight destroyed the club. What I meant was that I have seen a lot of clubs heading for bankruptcy because of mismanagement and the person in charge does not want to admit he doesn't know what he is doing. Often there is some new policy that destroys the club and the management would rather go out of business than admit their policy was a shit idea. I will write more about this one of these days. I have received a couple of questions asking if I post on ZBone or TUSCL or Boned In or any board under some form of the name Strip Club Hound. No, I do not post on any of those boards under any name. I say what I have to say here.
  • trixxi
    10 years ago
    I think the dressing room webcams would be a bad idea. Girls need a place for privacy. A (well known) club in Portland has the (male) manager's office in the dressing room and thats one of the reasons I am not interested in dancing there. Its not about doing suspicious activity its about having a moment of privacy and even clean your naughty bits without being recorded
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I like webcams like [view link] b/c they have SO MANY models of ALL types. I’m very visual and love to look at women. Also; I tend to like the voluptuous type of women (big natural tits and asses) that don’t seem to common in SCs. Having said all this; I much more prefer live SCs of course. I don’t see the SC webcam being intended as a “substitute” for real clubbing - probably just another way to draw more attention to a club via today’s social media “frenzy”. I can see some using it as pre-gaming – I can also see some PLs (myself included) looking at the webcam w/o having had the intention of visiting the club and then subsequently hitting the club. I can also see some horny teenagers not old enough to visit SCs watching the webcams and perhaps making some donation$.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    farmerart stated it perfectly.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Club_Goer - I don't go to DVNH anymore due to dancer laziness and apathy. There are so many better clubs out there to visit. But it's funny as hell to see all of the dancers & PL's going batshit over on zbone about the webcamming thing. I checked out the site and the stagecam is very low quality (prolly deliberately) - you can't even make out the dancers faces and PL's can't be seen at all. Everybody got their panties all wadded up over nothing. I give it a few months and the camera's will disappear and any dancers that have left because of it will migrate back.
  • .juicebox69
    10 years ago
    I like trixxy naughty bits
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I looked at the Mons Venus *stage* webcam a while back and noticed they blurred the PLs’ faces whom were sitting stage side. I don’t recall if they blurred the dancers’ faces also.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion