tuscl

OT:I'm Going Back To Pork

So, I bought some breakfast sausage patties made out of turkey. I thought that they might be a healthier alternative. They weren't bad but they lacked the flavor and pizazz of pork. I talked to my gramma about it. She just turned 91. She laughed at me.

She told me, "Mijo, you're uncles were pig farmers in Argentina. They lived to 92 & 93, respectively. Leave the turkey for Thanksgiving and sandwiches."

Nona knows best. I'm back on pork.

15 comments

• tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I know a chick that won't eat beef or pork but sucks a mean cock.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    ^^^^ you mean she wont eat pork but she will blow your pork?
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Those old timers know best
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Did you see the latest issue of Porks Illustrated?
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Yeah, I did, motorhead.

The pics of those voluptuous tenderloins were very.....um......uh....disturbing.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I once got some turkey bacon. They turned out so dry and brittle, I just crushed them up to make lousy bacon bits.
  • steve229
    11 years ago

I knew a dancer that was a self-described "bacon-tarian" - didn't eat any meat except for bacon, lol
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I'm going back to Puerco
    To Puerco, to Puerco
    I'm going back to Puerco
    No, I don't think so
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I don’t mind eating turkey breast or a turkey sandwich; but any turkey equivalent (turkey sausage; turkey bacon; turkey ground beef); is a no-go.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I tried once using ground turkey to make tacos.

Never again.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    The talk here has my saliva glands working overtime. I slipped into town and bought 2 pork tenderloins. I have them marinating in a mixture of olive oil, sour cherry vinegar, chopped onions and garlic, and lots of fresh cracked black pepper. Roast them in the oven and finish them off under the broiler; make a sauce out of the marinade.

Take that......you tasty pig.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ now you have *my* mouth watering – wish I lived nearby

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Made my way to Claro's Italian Market. Ordered some prosciutto for later, an espresso for now.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo,

Those two bad boys turned out mighty tasty; mighty tasty, indeed.

Leftovers made for some wicked sammies for the mini-fridge of the F-150. No small town cafe crap food for me for the next two days.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion