tuscl

Bad Sex Writing

There is a literary society in England that awards an annual 'Bad Sex in Fiction' prize. Here is a passage (one of many) from a recent winner of this prize:

"Like a lepidopterist mounting a tough-skinned insect with a too blunt pin he screwed himself into her." - with thanks?? to an Irish author, Rowan Somerville.

8 comments

• mikeya02
    11 years ago
    ...it was a dark and stormy night.....
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    That's pretty bad, all right!
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Obvious they are ignorant of the fine writings of JuiceBox. They would be amazed of the things to do with fried chicken.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Art,you make me want to fuck a maple tree.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Slowly I turned....step by step....inch by inch
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    Aaah, the innate lyricism of the Irish.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    "Fifty Shades of Grey," is the most worthless book in the English language. I finished the first two volumes, only by forcing myself to read it. Former ATF visited me (no sex) to use my computer and wanted to "borrow" the trilogy. I gave her volumes one and two because I never wanted to keep them. I will read volume three before the movie is released. Former ATF got nothing for her rip off.

The sex is trite, predictable, intrusive and unbelieveable. Noat even decent fantasy. Must be a lot of sad lonely women around for this book to become a best seller. What does it say about me that I bought it too?
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Motorhead, you Stooge! You should have to be sent over Niagara Falls for that one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion