tuscl

Amanda Knox....did she do it?

georgebailey
Catalina
I can't believe someone committing a crime like murder is going to confess guilt unless the evidence is overwhelming. Since the evidence is so sketchy naturally they're trying to get off. She did it. What do you think?

32 comments

• deogol
    11 years ago
    She didn't do it.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    No.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    As far as I can tell there's absolutely not enough evidence to convict her in any legitimate court of law.

Was she involved? Harder to tell. She certainly behaved strangely and told some odd lies. But are those the acts of guilt or of a confused kid under duress? I find the lack of DNA evidence to be telling and find it hard to believe that three relative strangers could commit a murder and then not end up turning on each other.

All I know for sure is Italy bungled the hell out of the whole case.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    She's fine. There is no way in hell the US is going to extradite her. She'll get to chill with me right her in Seattle.

Now to bring in some strip club relevance - No I don't think did it. But would you do her?

She looks pretty good in certain photos, but close to being a boy in others. I imagine with just a drink or two though (or less) she'd get the thumbs up from nearly all guys.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I say she's innocent.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    She has a certain girl next door cuteness to her. I would do her for sure.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I think she's innocent. She should fight extradition loudly and noisily. She should have enough support that the government won't send her back.

I would do her, but I would like bigger tits.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    One thing I never realized is that Italy has no provisions preventing double jeopardy. For that reason alone, I can't see the US extraditing her - she was already cleared on appeal.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Italy's judicial system seems pretty whack.

Jack, you sure you wanna go to Rome?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I don’t trust the judicial system of most other countries.

The prosecution’s case seems pretty fucked up and giving someone 28 yrs based on sketchy evidence is f’ed up.
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    I wasn't on the jury and have not read enough about it to form a definite opinion. But I do wonder what the general consensus would be if the circumstances were completely reversed.

Please remember the feelings of the Kercher family, they want to seek closure on this.
  • sexualchoc
    11 years ago
    She did it! And let's not forget that she blamed an innocent man at first for doing this. She was a whore out there in Italy sleeping with any man possible so I'm not shedding any tears for this bitch! Doing cartwheels out there in the police station, is this girl stupid as fuck or what?

One thing is for sure, if they don't extradite her, guess where American criminals are gonna start hiding at? ITALY!
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I remember reading an article that someone else was murdered in quite the same way on practically the same street around the same time - but that murderer was an Italian man.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    The Knox thing is an epic cluster fuck on so many levels.

Reportedly buying cleaning supplies the morning after the murder doesn't look good. Lacking a good story as to how she wasn't involved doesn't look good either.

On the other hand...

The poor at best DNA doesn't help and probably would not hold up to US standards... but our "CSI" tv show slanted expectations may be too high to begin with. The 3rd suspect with a long rap sheet got a sweet plea deal in exchange for fingering Knox and her bf. Is that trustworthy testimony? The original prosecutor was corrupt and wanted to make an example of her regardless of the truth to make himself look good. Original 'confession' was under duress.

Gut feeling, she was probably involved somehow, possibly on drugs at the time. But IF it had happened on US soil, her right to due process was violated.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    @ATAC:

There is no double jeopardy issue. She was convicted in the first trial. The appeals court over turned the conviction (which is NOT the same as finding her innocent) making way for a retrial. Convicted again in the second trial. Basically the same as US. At no point was she ever found not guilty.

IMO, the only rational argument to object to extradition would be along the lines of lack of due process because of the original prosecutor's actions, which I think he was supposed to be put on trial for.

I'm no expert, but I just don't see the feds not extraditing her once Italy makes the formal request. The US requests way more extraditions then are asked of the US by other countries. I don't see the upside internationally for the feds to not honor the eventual extradition request.
  • Experimental
    11 years ago
    When you live in another country, you live by their laws. She was convicted in Italy and that means she is guilty in the eyes of their law. You guys making arguments based upon how things are done here is completely ridiculous.

If Italy requests extradition and the US does not grant it, the US can probably forget about ever having any extradition requests granted by anyone ever again. Why would any foreign country cooperate with us if we thumb our noses as soon as they make a request?

The evidence against her was circumstantial and hundreds if not thousands of people have been thrown behind bars for longer than 28 years here in the good ol USA with equal or lesser evidence.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    France will not extradite French citizens. I don't think we should extradite Americans based on such flimsy evidence.
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    @ Experimental. Exactly, however I believe her DNA along with that of her boyfriend was found on the murder weapon?

@jackslash, how does the France situation (if true) come into the equation? That's a crazy statement.

btw her pleading that 'she can't do it by herself' (in other words 'help me fellow Americans' on TV hasn't gone down well in Italy and beyond.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Experimental: "Why would any foreign country cooperate with us if we thumb our noses as soon as they make a request? "

Are you kidding? America gets to do what it wants all the time.lots of ways to bring pressure against other countries.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Man, fuck that bitch. It's time someone knows how it feels to have the cards stacked against her.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    True dat Dougsta. Just as Evo Morales 'bout his plane being forced down 'cos the US thought Edward Snowden onboard. Imagine that happening to Air Force One.

That said, we probably wouldn't do too much over something like this. Not like Knox did anything to the US govt. and we've never really done much to France for not extraditing Polanski. France and a number of other countries will not extradite their own nationals, typically these countries will try the accused in their own country. Not sure what's up with Polanski, but he gets a pass for being a cool director dude. The French dig their cinema.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    londonguy:
    "@jackslash, how does the France situation (if true) come into the equation? That's a crazy statement."

London, I was countering Experimental's statement: "If Italy requests extradition and the US does not grant it, the US can probably forget about ever having any extradition requests granted by anyone ever again."

France refused to extradite the child raper Roman Polanski.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    If she sniffs a hint a extradition, should she run? Sneak into Canada and start a new life. Can't believe finding her would be high priority.
  • Lone_Wolf
    11 years ago
    Guilt or innocence is irrelevant. She's young and fine so regular laws shouldn't apply to her.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I think she's innocent. Evidence is just not conclusion and very circumstantial.
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    @ jackslash. I've never met a French person yet that doesn't that the U.S., only a few like the Brits. They don't like being liberated. That's besides the point, two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    They were talking about her on This Week this morning. One of guys was like "she's a VERY attractive young woman". I guess that seals it. They'll keep her in country because there are just too many guys here who would like to take a shot at banging her.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    Not Guilty
  • crsm27
    11 years ago
    It is hard to say if she is guilty or not. There is some evidence that points she did have a part in the murder. Then there is evidence saying she wasn't. The first trial was a cluster fuck and the police/procecution handled it so poorly. I am kind of on the fence. There is evidence that points she was there. So she could have been accessory to murder.....maybe. But to say she killed her roommate because the roommate left a floater in the toilet....I don't think so. But people have snapped for far less.

People calling her a whore and that she fucked around.... That is what most Young US College students do when they go to Europe. They fuck like mad and do drugs. She was living that life. So who cares.

Now back to the second question.... Would I fuck her.... HELL YEAH.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    The guy in jail in his first interview said Amanda wasn't home. This is the guy who admitted killing her. The simple fact is that this is a crime of passion and/or mental illness and women simply don't do this. Italy is very prejudiced against Americans, but having tried about 225 criminal cases in my life this is clearly a not guilty in any legitimate court. Note: -- this case was tried with a new motive, a new theory and help from lawyers hired by the decedents family. North Korea has a comparable system.
  • georgebailey
    11 years ago
    So it's unanimous.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Just saw this old thread. I don't know any details of the case but I had this thought about the matter.

An Italian request for extradition will be very difficult for the US to deny. Currently, US and Italian police and justice departments are in intimate cooperation in pursuing, prosecuting, and extraditing Mafia members back and forth between the two countries. This is working well in the interests of both countries. Italy will be much less eager to honour US Mafia extradition requests if USA denies a legitimate Italian Amanda Knox extradition request.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion