tuscl

**Direct Deposit: when do you get yours?**

Usually I get mine on the 15th and the 30th of the month. If the 15th or 30th falls on a weekend or holiday, then the check posts to account on the Friday prior. It's great to get it a day or two early but then you have to wait a little longer for the next one should that be the case.

By the way I want everyone to know that I have submitted my taxes and anticipate a refund very soon. Therefore I will be posting live from Penthouse for the next three weeks straight.

12 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Same as you wrt direct deposit. The IRS will receiving a nice big checks from me this year when I submit my taxes. I suspect many more than usual across the country will be in the same boat.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    My CF calls at the end of the month and asks if I got my check early if the first falls on the weekend. She has moved six times since July and expects me to keep feeding her money to live on. She's on her way out of my life.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    My employees' cheques are credited to their personal accounts just once per month - the last banking day of the month which can be any day from the 26th to 31st.

I don't draw a pay cheque for myself.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I have an accountant taking care of my money and taxes, and I get an 'allowance' once a month on the 15th. This method keeps my reckless spending under control.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    I have so far avoided direct deposit. However the government demands access to your business bank accounts to withdraw what ever they think you owe and no longer accepts checks, money orders or cash. The only way to avoid giving them complete access to you entire businesses funds is to set up a separate account at a separate bank or under a separate company number to prevent them from "mistakenly" emptying your accounts. Happened to an acquaintance and he had to close because it took the IRS several months to put the stolen money back they had "mistakenly" taken. He had fortunately already moved money to his payroll account so his employees did not get stiffed but when the money disappeared from his account he knew he could not pay his people or his bills so he laid them all off and paid them out of his pocket that week. The money was eventually returned without an apology and since he had been closed 6 weeks he decided to retire and not reopen.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Mine is exactly the same as yours. My retirement funds hit on the 1st.

I NEVER plan to get a refund. No way is this "government" going to hold one single dollar of MINE for an entire F&%#ING year! Bad enough they take MY money without me evening getting to tell it "hello".

On this note, what do you think would happen if instead of payroll deductions, people had to write out a monthly check and sent it to the IRS?

Revolt would be my guess.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Clubber, I'm sure we would all happily write checks to the IRS each month for for income tax and social security taxes. NOT!
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    Tiredtraveler, if that's true then that's really fucked up.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    "I don't get direct deposits, I give them."... To the Sperm Bank!
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I was required to get direct deposits for my pay many years ago. Usually around twice a month around the last banking day unless it"'s Monday and the middle of the month. It worked like that at other companies I worked for as well. I think the military has a similar pay schedule too.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I keep extra money in the bank so except when I update my checkbook, I rarely even pay attention to when the direct deposit gets in the bank. I have noticed funds not always going in my 401k account right away from my paycheck. I was wondering who is making money that way?

401k plans suck big time as far as control and choices. You can't ever roll over your money into an Ira until you quit the company or are close to retirement . Then most 401 k plans have restricted what you can buy to specific funds and some of those selections have additional fees if you decide to sell within 90 days. I heard about one guy close to retirement had almost a million saved up. He put it all in one fund. next day he thought that was a bad choice and decided to sell it. He got charged a 2% fee meant to deter frequent trading. $20,000 mistake or corporate greed socking it to you saying they want to defer frequent trading costs? It's all done electronically so I think these companies stating costs are full of bs.
    A brokerage can handle it for a lot less than a fee like that. It seems like after 10 years you should be able to roll over funds into an Ira under your control. I guess most people don't work for decades at the same company or have most of their life savings controlled by their company. Most people change jobs. I guess I should write to some politicians if I want them to change the law forcing corporations to allow employees to enable them to do a rollover into an Ira and get more control and investment choices without forcing employees to quit or wait until they are close to retirement.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    After you quit a company, then you can suddenly do whatever you want with your savings although there might be big tax consequences without a rollover. Best part about 401k's are getting matching funds. Worst part is being restricted severely from being able to buy and sell or invest in what you want. ok I will stop ranting.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion