tuscl

Hairless vaginas are a public health hazard

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, January 20, 2014 10:37 AM
The Brazilian wax has been on its way out for a while. But what may be its final death throe comes, according to the Atlantic Wire, in the form of unshaved mannequins on display at American Apparel. Feminists and women who don't like pain have reason to celebrate, but here's another group that should embrace the natural trend: doctors. American society's aestheticization of hairless female genitalia apparently came at the cost of a veritable epidemic of grooming-related injuries. And while the Brazilian trend got lots of attention, the attendant carnage did not. Luckily, a team of doctors led by Allison Glass of the University of California, San Francisco, was on the case. For a 2012 paper in the journal Urology, they analyzed Emergency Room data on relevant injuries caused by pubic hair grooming related injuries and found: •"Between 2002 and 2010, the number of injuries increased fivefold. •Of the cohort, 56.7 percent were women. The most at-risk group was women aged 19 to 28. •Shaving razors were implicated in 83% of the injuries. •Laceration was the most common type of injury (36.6 percent). •The most common site of injury was the external female genitalia (36 percent).

22 comments

• deogol
    10 years ago
    That's why ya got to get on of those electric razors... not only to cut the hair, but it vibrates too!
  • ime
    10 years ago
    no pain no gain
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I thought shaved was cool 20 years ago when it was a cutting edge thing to do, but now I find I prefer hair. If it needs a trim that's fine but I like a bush. Obviously dancers need to shave so I don't worry about them. Thinking back to the last 10 girls I had sex with (not counting dancers), only 2 had hair although a third let hers grow back because I asked. I should have married that one!
  • BigTuna1
    10 years ago
    Finally the 70's bush is making a cum back !
  • magicrat
    10 years ago
    The last civie gal I saw had a bush. Although it was somewhat trimmed, it was close to 70'sish.
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    I want to become a doctor, so can get paid to examine pussy in the ER! Have noticed a couple of strippers having nice fuzz down there, and it looks good for change of pace.
  • BigTuna1
    10 years ago
    I love fucking a big wet bush
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Bald is great, but not a deal breaker.
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    Trim looks just as nice. Not shaved but clean looking and low so none of the tickle action (for guys, no condoms catching pubes)
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Woohoo!
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    just use Nair hair remover. It lasts for about 90 days.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I prefer neatly trimmed. Too much shaving can cause rashes and ingrown hairs. Not pleasant. A Frito or Dorito patch is always nice. I've maintain a Frito strip and am quite happy with it's easy maintenance and low injury risk.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Course there are some women who are naturally pretty sparse down there. I guess if dense crotch forestation gets popular, the crotch weave will get invented.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I like bald but if I'm in a topless only club, seeing a trimmed landing strip above her bikini is sexy. It's like you are seeing a bit of her privates without actually doing so. Maybe the girls not completely shaved were just hot to start with. I remember seeing a flash of a girls pussy after she finished her lap dance and thought she looked sexy being bald. I never noticed she had a peircing down there. Maybe I should ask and then she'll know I peeked. :)
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @Sharkhunter: I've never been to a topless club where the girls were allowed to show any pubic hair. They're usually pretty strict on that.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    I have demanded bald since college 1975.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Lopaw-Fritos or Doritos. Hahahahaha! I knew a chick who had Pretzel patch.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    ^^^ A pretzel patch?? Lol - sounds knotty. But anything short of a Chia Pet look is do-able for me.
  • SketchinGuy
    10 years ago
    End the bloodshed, women of the world! You don't have to turn your jade gate into something that looks like raw material for a cooking show...
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    "I have demanded bald since college 1975." Demanded? Lol Oh I'll bet they are just falling over themselves beating down your door.
  • duomaxwell
    10 years ago
    I like landing strips, bare makes me feel 12.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @duo: Thank you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion