tuscl

OT: TV Program on Human Trafficking

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

At least in my local area; PBS is airing a show tonight called “Too Close to Home” – it airs at 10:00 p.m. eastern in my area.

The description of the show shown online is short:

“A report on human trafficking in Tampa Bay and what is being done to combat it”

Anyway – thought I'd forward it in case it may be of interest to anyone.

I tend to think these kinda shows tend to be kinda skewed; but will watch and see.

6 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    Papi, considering how women are described here using VERY, very terrible words, I don't think those persons will be interested in watching.

I don't doubt that there will stances taken against the "Sex for Sale" industry.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I might watch it, or download it later, sounds interesting.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Sounds interesting Papi.

Alucard -- I suspect (and hope) you'd be surprised. Locker room humor is one thing, especially when directed at women that have chosen to work as strippers and behave in a less than honest manner. I've always felt that a lot of misogyny is just dudes blowing off steam.

Human trafficking, especially if minors are involved, is a completely different thing. It ain't something to joke about and the folks involved deserve a special place in hell (if I believed in hell) and to sent up the river for a long time in this life.

Best thing to do would be to legalize prostitution but regulate in a manner to prevent abuse. Different women may or may not like the situation they are in, but if they are adults and free to chose then it is their business. But pimps that coerce women are just plain evil...no two ways about it. And if they abuse young girls they are even worse.

Maybe I'm wrong about folks here. But I suspect this sentiment will get a lot of "hell yeahs".
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Hell yeah!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    How come most human trafficking media focuses on sex trafficking when more people are trafficked under more mundane reasons.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @SlickSpic: Because nobody wants to interior the supply of cheap foodstuffs harvested by such workers, or increase hotel cleaning costs, or interfere with any other source of cheap, "legitimate" labour.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion