tuscl

Can this theory work at a stripclub

Monday, October 3, 2005 4:49 AM
I have been reading this selfhelp book for the past few days. I won't go into any details about it but alot of it is about boosting your confidence and others will notice it. One of the author's sayings is "Whereever Your're at is the place to be."This is something he says you should apply when you go out. Applying this in a stripclub setting if you are with your friends and it seems like you all are having a good time will a dancer or dancers be more eager to come and sit at your table if it seems like your having a blast? Yeah I know that Dancers are all about the dollar bill but they are still Human beings and most people(especially younger ones) like to have a good time and naturally gravitate to a person or people who seem like they are loads of fun. I am not using this notion to a club that you are a regular at but what if you went to a new club for the 1st time? Is it better to be with a couple of buds whom you know are fun witty guys or is it better to be by yourself? Although it is hard to portray yourself as a fun loving guy by yourself. Any Thoughts?

10 comments

• davids
    19 years ago
    Strippers will say anything, but for talking to them, here is what I gathered: Most prefer to approach lone guys rather than groups. Guys in groups are more likely to treat strippers rudely in order to impress their friends. They also tend to spend less money since they can have fun by just hanging with each other. (Granted that's probably not as much fun as a LD...). Also if a guy is in there by himself chances are he is there to get LDs. I tried both looking cold and friendly and found looking friendly got far more attention. Your group theory would probably be a good way to get waitresses over and interested and possibly meet them after work (invite them to a party!). Apparently, waitresses are much easier to get dates with than strippers, and often just as good looking. So you might want to try that. I wonder what would be a good way for strippers to play groups? If I were a stripper it would probably run along the following lines: spot the shy, virgin looking guy: he is your target. Approach his cooler friends (obstacles) instead: they are probably not going to buy dances and will probably try asking for a date, but you need to win them over since they are the leaders of the group. If the obstacles are nice then try and establish rapport with them, but don't ask them for a dance. If they are rude, then try and land some good put downs to stay on top and gain their respect. But still don't ask them for a dance. Ask the target instead, pointing out "well you seem nicer than these other guys" if the obstacles were rude. If they were nice then say something like "I think I've been rude by ignoring your friend here, do you mind if I steal him away for a dance?" Any strippers want to comment about how they play groups?
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    TRUE - Self Help books are a big scam. They are published by authors who for the most part are just fullfilling a contractual obligation. Therefore they are mostly padded with bullshit. The people who loose in this game are the ones who actually belive they will gain some useful insight from them. I personally believe that this practice is vile.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Self-help books are not a good way to find confidence. Try finding better reasons to be confident by doing something worth being confident about.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I think you should just be yourself. There are a lot of places in life where you almost have to put on a mask and not be yourself. Strip clubs shouldn't be one of them. In fact to me that's one of the big attractions of strip clubs, you can be yourself. Take advantage of the opportunity.
  • baddy
    19 years ago
    While I think its true that the girls will tend to go towards the table with a group of guys, but I don't think it is because they look like they are having fun. It is my opinion that they like the scenario because they get to introduce themselves and put a little talk time with the guys and have multiple opportunities to have someone buy privates. The time they spend sitting down with a guy by himself takes just as long as it does to sit down with a group, the odds of them getting paid off is just larger the more people there are. I don't think you really need to worry to much about how you convey yourself at a strip club... as long as you are not filthy/stinky, absolutely repulsive looking and aren't completely rude to the dancers you should be able to have all the fun you are looking to. While I enjoy it when a dancer sits down and talks with me, they really only stick around for awhile if it is someone i frequent often and they don't just sit there and try to pressure me for a dance (probably because they know I will be getting some eventually so they can afford to just hang out).
  • corey
    19 years ago
    i think confidence is the most important attribute you can have in any situation in life.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I'd have to agree, CG, smelling bad is not a good idea. You might say about that, "Wherever you're at is the place to flee."
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    It's not just how you are looking but your body language as well. I see some guys sitting with their arms crossed and that is a sign for dancers to not approach them since they are being defensive or in a bad mood for some reason. Some guys may smell bad. My sense of smell is too good smelling everything in a club which can be disgusting at times except for a few dancers who smell delicious like food. :) I usually attract more dancers than I care for especially in a new club where all the dancers in the club seem to drop by. I remember one time I sat next to a group of college age girls in a strip club one time and wasn't bothered by the dancers quite so much. Actually I think they sat next to me. I'm still not used to being in a men's club and having several female customers sitting all around me. Didn't bother me though.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Jpac, I think you might be taking the saying too literally. I take it to be about self-confidence and patience, not constructing an image for yourself as a quick means to an end. Trying to surround yourself with fun people in order to make yourself appear fun is classic putting the cart before the horse.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you just want to sit and watch, have a few beers, have some laughs and maybe get a dance or two, you'll probably have more fun going with some friends. On the other hand if you're looking to spend some serious time alone with a dancer or two, you're better off going alone. You don't need to project a lot of self confidence to make that happen, just be polite and tip the dancers on stage.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion