tuscl

Arnie's in Chicago (Harvey) May be Out of Commission

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Monday, January 6, 2014 1:14 PM
This is a high mileage/extras black club in Harvey near Chicago. Probably not the cup of tea of most TUSCLers; but from a recent review: “… This isn't a review, more of an FYI to anyone who may be looking to visit this place in the near future. There was a really bad fire at this place tonight (Sunday January 5th 2014) and it looks like it may be a total loss. I don't have all the details and I think the fire may still be going on as I write this, but from the pictures and messages that I have been sent it doesn't look good at all. At the very least it may be a while before they rebuild, and they may decide not to re-open …” [view link]

11 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    That would be truly a shame if an UHM club is lost.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    I wonder if Obama ever went there?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    The famous mall car chase scene in "The Blues Brothers" was filmed in a closed shopping mall in Harvey.
  • Kimi
    10 years ago
    Anyone else think this is shady? Allstars burned down a couple years ago. Last time I drove past it, it didn't look touched sign is still there and building is gone. Wouldn't they want to rebuild with insurance money if the club was doing well?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    If this is true I shall shed a tear. Arnie's was the first place I ever attempted FS with a willing dancer. Note that I say 'attempted'. Arnie's is notorious for its cramped, public, dark VIP. My 'attempt' was resisted by my buddy, Mr. Wood. At the time, Mr. Wood required more privacy. After Detroit and Mississauga, Mr. Wood became much more eager to perform in these public VIPs. Farewell, Arnie's. Luther, the monster bouncer during my visit was one cool guy.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    That burns.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    "Arnie's was the first place I ever attempted FS with a willing dancer." Art, in all seriousness not at a club in Canada? I'm genuinely surprised.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @joker44, Not until after my visit to Arnie's did I ever visit a similar UHM club in Canada. Remember that I am a very late-comer to this hobby. I was 61 when I made my first visit to a hardcore club - Honey's in Everett, WA. Umm.....I have moved on a bit since those days.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Didn't ever sound like my cup of tea, but I wonder about repercussions, namely if that means dancers/customers will move onto other places. Also, when I saw that review pop up, I Googled to see if I could find a news story on it and I couldn't. In all seriousness, if this happened, hope everyone not only got out OK but got to someplace safe from fire but still sufficiently warm, too. Much as we all love the clubs, I don't think a one of us would want to go that way in one. Heart attack during an epic dance, maybe. Fire, no thanks.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Art, You've mentioned your visit to Arnies before. I've always wondered how in the hell did you ever end up on the south side of Chicago?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @motorhead, Truth be told, it was tuscl that pointed me to Arnie's. During my retirement I took a long bi-national cross continent strip club tour. That trip was my initiation into the North American SC culture. Arnie's was an eye-opener for me, to be sure. I always wanted to make a second visit to Arnie's. Even though I disgraced myself my first trip to Arnie's VIP I always wanted to make another attempt at recovering my lost dignity. Just never happened. Compared to some similar dives that I have visited Arnie's was top class. Bogarts and the Henrys in Detroit, the Trinity pus buckets in Mississauga - for cleanliness, price, jollity Arnie's beat them all hollow.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion