tuscl

Doing Hard Time

crazyjoe
Colorado
How pissednoff Woodbury be if you were serving a sentence in Colorado for possession of marijuana right now with the law changes?

15 comments

• crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Dam auto correct...how pissed off would you be if
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    These cases cannot be reversed. If someone is tried on a case from years ago under statutes of limitations they are tried by the way laws were written when the crime was committed. You would be stuck serving time for something that is currently legal.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    In this age of prison overcrowding, I doubt if there are any incarcerated for simple possession. Dealers on the other hand...
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @gawker: If Colorado has or had any kind of "three strikes" law, you can bet there are people in jail for petty crimes like simple possession.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    It's common for people to be released from jail when these kinds of laws change. In fact, you can sue the government to get out which is a PITA and an expense most levels of government don't want.

Yes, if you're a major criminal but all they got was possession you might stay in jail, but regular guys who were caught with personal use amounts should be released, if there's even any in jail to begin with. I'm wondering though why an illegal 2 pounds of pot isn't just 32 legal ounces?
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Aside from being a loser for using drugs, and being in prison, lol! I'm sure there will be a few suicides, lol!
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Doc in Colorado is pretty fucked up
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    I know all the strippers are happy. they can legally hit the bong with out get tossed in jail
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    It's legal under CO state law, but not under federal law. Also, don't hit up if your employer has mandatory drug screenings, you'll probably still lose you job.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ^^^ That's right mjx01.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Lol, I can just imagine someone losing their job over it!
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @mjx01: Like I said above, if everything happens within state lines, there's a large justification for the States to tell the feds to go pound sand.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I was subjected to mandatory random alcohol and drug testing during the last 25 years of my working career. I was probably tested 20 times. My union rep that was in charge of the abuse programs once told me that they don't even test for marijuana. I never wanted to test his statement.

During those 25 years I only knew of one case where the guy lost his job and that was because the dumb ass got caught a second time.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    @ mjx... you are correct. You can still loose your job if you test positive. That is left up to the employer and separate from state law
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    @Shadowcat: I recently got tested for a new life insurance policy as part of a complete physical so I had to abstain for 3 weeks. I got the results: negative for tobacco and cocaine. They didn't test for pot!! I was shocked. And pissed I had to abstain that long!

Oh, and I'm HIV negative too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion