tuscl

Bad ass times

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Did you ever play around with Fulminate of Mercury when you was a kid?

Fun times.

16 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    Once.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    No, I was smarter than that even as a kid.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    In 1959 or '60 I received a chemistry set for a Christmas present. It was somewhat limited but did include many basic chemicals, flasks, mixing tools, beakers and instructions. Over the next few years I checked out books from school and public libraries, added tools, chemicals and compounds and eventually learned to make several sophisticated (for a pre-teen) compounds. My black powder worked great but "smokeless" gunpowder was beyond my skill level - until I learned how to make nitro!

Testing homemade dynamite in the back yard resulted in Mom terminating my experiments for several months (plus I had to fill in a rather large hole). Eventually, girls became much more interesting than carbon compounds and acids. I think my little brother eventually disposed of my leftover stash of explosives (by making unguided, terminally explosive rockets.)
  • jestrite50
    11 years ago
    I did once and it caused me to be a strip club aholic
    Had to join Strip Clubbers Anonymous (SCA)
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    I did a lot of dangerous things as a kid. @jestrite I'm also a member of SCA
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    i wasnt as resourceful as mister roberts as a child
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Dallas-If you would've continued on with your chemical studies, you could've worked for Dr. Timothy Leary, gotten rich, and still banged lots of chicks.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    The only thing did was dry ice bombs when I was a kid
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @CJ-In high school, I learned that my greenthumb came in handy.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Any of you guys ever mess around with the real thing?

I had a dynamite licence when I was 18 (for seismic purposes). Out of curiosity (and idiocy) I made one big 'boom' just to see what would happen........ Shit my pants but I didn't do any serious damage.

Ever since, I have had a very healthy respect for explosives.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    When I was in high school, one of my favorite science teachers told the class about how he and his friends used to paint a potassium triiodide solution on door frames so when the door was closed, it would make a bang.

My lab partner and I were horrified. "Mr Harvey, what were you thinkinking
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    When I was in high school, one of my favorite science teachers told the class about how he and his friends used to paint a potassium triiodide solution on door frames so when the door was closed, it would make a bang.

My lab partner and I were horrified. "Mr Harvey, what were you thinking? Tomorrow there will be doors going bang all over the school!". He laughed and said he didn't think so.

The next day, doors all over the school started to go bang. Mr. Harvey got in a bit if heat for that!
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I love math...I hate science
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    When I was in high school, I was high.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    My instructors in school seemed to be the occasional crackpot.

However at least they knew what they were doing. When I was in elementary school, one guy came in with liquid nitrogen I believe and said it was safe to pour down our hands. However he said let it run off and don't catch it. I guess it was boiling by the time it went from the container to our hands. It didn't hurt at all.

A chemistry professor shot something above the whole classroom creating a loud explosion. He was demonstrating the power of hydrogen when suddenly combined.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion