tuscl

Reviews and club status

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Many times a club closes and then is reopened by different owners. Should the reviews amassed by the old owners be kept or should they start all over?

What if the club changes name?

What if the club changes location?

And finally because this is about to happen, what if the club changes name and location?

12 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Shadow, I just woke up from an amazing night with a righteous hangover. That's too many questions for my pee brain to assess right now.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    If the staff (management & dancers) says the same, then the previous reviews are probably still relevant and should stay. If the staff (management & dancers) is new, then probably should have a clean slate. Location, name & renovations are not as important as the staffing IMO.

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Alright, some quality coffee and a toke have gotten me back to whatever semblance of normalcy that I may be. As always, I agree with MJX.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Probably good to note in your review if you know (and note when it occurred, if you know). But I'm sure founder doesn't want to do the admin work to track all of this. Folks like me, who only club when traveling, wouldn't be in the loop and so couldn't do it.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I just woke up and I agree with Slick, lol
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Update where needed. Simple.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Recently I've been mostly ignoring the stars and instead reading the most recent reviews instead. Partly because clubs change, partly so I can spot and discount the shills and idiots.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Unless a club has very sparse reviews, 6 months old is the oldest you'd want to look at.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Sometimes when a club changes names, they still list the old name, probably so that people who remember the old name know it's still the same location.

I only know about one club that ever changed location, but it was still essentially the same club so I didn't think that warranted a new listing.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Best to keep it simple and not try to overdesign for every possible occurrence.

I would think most folks would normally just read the latest couple of reviews and it is up to us PLs to keep the current state of club up to date via our reviews.

• lopaw
    11 years ago
    New name, new staff, new owners = new listing, I say.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I have seen that happened and the previous ownership was DAMN good. It's quality went far down since new ownership. Same place, same corperation, just different name, website and management. I believe it should restart (or create a new club) since managment dictates how experiences go.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion