"BROOKHAVEN, Ga. — Employees at one of metro Atlanta’s most well-known gentlemen’s clubs claim they are having to pay sometimes hundreds of dollars a night just to be there.
A former Pink Pony dancer has filed a federal collective-action lawsuit alleging dancers received no wages and were required to pay hundreds of dollars in fees every night to work, a practice she claims illegally pushed earnings below minimum wage.
Channel 2 Consumer Investigator Justin Gray obtained a copy of the complaint, which says dancers were required to pay a nightly house fee that allegedly ranged from $60 to $532 per shift, depending on their earnings."
I don't believe her claim of $532 tip out.



Replies (6)Latest
Seems like I've only ever heard of dancers getting support from state labor departments in blue states. Maybe one of the strippers got a lawyer whipped enough to take the case on contingency. Is a strip club considered to be involved in interstate commerce? I guess any bar probably buys equipment or beverages that came originally from out of state.
@ilbbaicnl In 2009, 5 ATL dancers filed a lawsuit against the city when it tried to make strip club employment 21+. Georgia Supreme Court sided with the dancers. And that's why we'll never be like pussy ass Florida who made their clubs 21+ in 2024. nbcnews.com
At my main club, per stripper chat, they now pay a straight 20% of earnings to club. No tip outs, just the 20%.
Simple; seems like a lot.
@gSteph Just makes you wonder what's worse. House fee, cut of VIPs, and tip outs. Or 20% straight off the top. If the 20% includes stage/personal tips, I think they'd be better off with the house fees etc.
F I got to get to GA if they have 18-20 yo dancers
They have those without ID scan I suppose?
@sfrsox If you make a long trip, and you find a dancer who says she's 19, how could you be sure she's really 19? It might be a better plan to have a hypnotist convince you that 80% of the strippers in you local clubs are teenagers dancing with fake IDs.
Join the conversation
Sign in to reply to this discussion.