tuscl

afraid

Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:29 AM
Ok so basically I'm really scared of my first audition coming up in 2 months..I'm afraid because what if i don't do well at the audition and at this experience as a whole..I'm nervous because I'm questioning weather i have what it takes to make it in this industry..yes I'm confident and i.think I'm attractive but I'm competing with 15 other girls who all want the same thing..my body is getting better with each day but I'm still having some fear on weather i can really do this..i don't drink or do drugs..I'm a student so getting [view link] out of the question .I'm just curious how i get over this fear and shyness .i want this so badly but I'm SUPER DUPER SCARED..Advice please . guys and girls

37 comments

• rockstar666
    11 years ago
    Why do you "want this so badly"? Seems to me you'd be happier doing something else. The successful dancers all have one thing in common: confidence in their looks and personality. If you have that, the audition wouldn't be a test for you, but rather an opportunity to show off.
  • lasabiastarr
    11 years ago
    Well to be honest i want this because i have an autistic little brother and a mom that both need my help..I'm confident in my looks and i have a great personality..
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    No you're not confident,because you "think you're attractive".Listen,you have two months to prep for [view link] some pics and I'm sure this board will let you know the deal.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Well to be honest i want this because i have an autistic little brother and a mom that both need my help..I'm confident in my looks and i have a great personality..." If you have a friend - man or woman, who knows your plans to dance, ask them to cum and watch the audition. Having a friendly & known face cheering you on may well help with your nervousness. The unknown is always a bit scary.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Your last post was about three weeks ago, when you were asking for advice getting a job as a dancer. I thought we didn't hear from you since then, because you got a job. So, I'm surprised that now you only have an audition lined up. Did you really mean two *months* away for your audition? If so, that's very unusual in stripclubdom. Even if it's only a short period of time, away, practice dancing (with pole tricks) and lap dancing, daily, wherever you can. Even have friends sit in front of you as an audience. It will help break the ice for the actual audition. And,like Alucard recommended, do bring friends to your audition.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Don't listen to those [view link] bring in friends is a sure sign of your lack of confidence.Walk in like you belong,stare your competition in the eye.That will put half of them on edge.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    Your dedication to your family is admirable, but if you don't want to be a dancer because you enjoy the job, you'll be terrible. Practicing how to give a good grind won't hurt but it has little to do with success if you can't get the guys, and I mean the right guys, to buy dances. When you go to the beach, do you show lots of skin or do you wear a more modest bathing suit? Are you good at flirting with strangers? Are you comfortable being looked at as a piece of meat, even if that's insulting? Does your B/F, husband or significant other, not to mention family have a problem with you working in the sex trade (even in a no extras club, it's still the sex trade. Don't be fooled about this!) These are the types of core issues that all veteran dancers deal with successfully. You will need to as well.
  • bvino
    11 years ago
    A stripper with low self esteem supporting a special child and a relative? This automatically menas she has a heart of gold as well. cliche city.
  • bigman226
    11 years ago
    What club sets up auditions 2 months in advance in NNJ? Something smells...
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Come on guys,if you can't tell this is Juice or Alucramp. Check out the three m's.
  • Rachelmmm
    11 years ago
    Hey girl, I just started dancing about a month ago. I was in your position for a while. I thought I was attractive but I didn't know if I had the confidence to dance. At the club I work at there aren't poles but I'd suggest brushing up on some tricks since yours probably does. The most important thing though is for YOU to feel sexy and confident. Try not to focus on what would happen if you fail or the other girls that will also be auditioning. Instead imagine what it'll be like once you have the job. I'd get an outfit that's easy to take off and makes you feel really hot. I used to practice in the shower and right when I got out. In addition to skill on the pole, work on moving your body in a slow, seductive manner. When you're on stage, SMILE and make eye contact. For me I was really apprehensive about auditioning. Then on my birthday I felt really sexy and confident and was just like 'I'm gonna do it' and it worked out. So prepare yourself, but don't overthink it. There's another site, stripperweb, that I don't have an account on but I'm sure would have a lot of insightful advice for you. I hope this helps! :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’d venture to say that none of us guys on here have ever auditioned to be a dancer at a strip club. As I mentioned in a previous thread of yours; if you want tips w.r.t. dancing; you should go over to [view link] and ask them; they should know better than us. [view link] has different sections including a newbie section. Each section including the newbie section has some folders at the top labeled “Important” which seem to offer some good basic info on stripping – one of those folders is called “the instructional video thread” and seems to have links of vids a newbie can watch w.r.t. dancing: [view link]
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Is Oprah back on the air.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    You're over-thinking it. It's really not that hard to get a job dancing anywhere, why are you waiting for so long?
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Sniff... sniff... What's that smell? Is it bullshit?
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Moooooooooo.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Here comes the cotton eyed joe
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Hotstuff: While I agre with your premise, of taking advantage of being the new dancer in the clubs, I wouldn't sluff off practicing dancing and including pole tricks. I know dancers make most all of their money from lap dances, but I've never heard of a lap dance demonstration as part of an audition. Therefore, a well-rehearsed stage show would seem to be in order. If anyone is aware of a dancer's audition including lap dancing talents, please correct me.
  • CarlosDanger
    11 years ago
    "I'm a student so getting high is out of the question." Does not compute.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    "my first audition coming up in 2 months" WTF? what kind of upside down club has a two moth lead time just to audition? Seriously WTF? I'm pretty sure every club I frequent you could get an audition at least once a week if not pretty much any time the owner/manager is too distracted. WTF? WTF? WTF?
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Any one who believes that a person auditioning to be a stripper is going to be judged mainly on her dancing is living in a alternative universe. What percentage of strippers that we see in all the clubs are average or better in their dancing. I would say about 15%. The clubs want to see how comfortable you are STRIPPING and then not really comfortable but willing.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Guys, this girl can't be real. Too much juvenile stuff like "where do I put my money?" Probably Juice.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    "And how am I to face the odds Of man's bedevilment and God's? I, a stranger and afraid, In a world I never made."
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I call bull shit?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Fear Factor
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Cape Fear
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Fear the Reaper
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Bullwinkle & Moto-Good ones.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    @Papi "I’d venture to say that none of us guys on here have ever auditioned to be a dancer at a strip club." This is true, but I consider myself as having some insight playing in a rock band. When I was young, I'd get very nervous before a show, especially when we had an opening act that had a significant following. I was like, "Shit how can we compete with THAT??" But now I'm just happy to play our tunes for people, and there's always going to be someone who hates you, but we get good reactions because we have good songs and know how to play them. As I advised the OP, think of it as an opportunity to show off! I LOVE playing gigs! It's who I am and what I do. If you're a "Dancer" then have fun and dance! It's when you're not sure what you are that the lack of confidence shows through and you fail when you're in the entertainment business. Any audience or SC custie knows when you're faking it.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Good summary Rock.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Fear exists for two reasons. 1. To keep you alive. 2. To be conquered. Marinate on both.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    As a guy I have never auditioned but I have seen a bunch and know a lot of managers well enough so they will ask my opinion. I see auditioners make a lot of mistakes. First and foremost and this goes for when you are a new dancer: slow the fuck down. You may think you're moving seductively but you're not. Remember, slow, slower, slowest. Also, remember to take your clothes off, you'd be surprised how many dancers concentrate on dancing and forget this or do it too late. Third make eye contact. If you get people in the crowd to come over you will get the job. Make eye contact with the person who does the hiring. It humanizes you and gives you an edge.
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    The audition is mostly to see how good you look naked and how you react to guys staring at you naked. Pass those and you are in. Dancing? This is not the Bolshoi. Just have some slow sexy moves, which is actually easier than just standing there. Most of the songs that they play in clubs is about 120 bpm or more to keep the energy level high, but that is too fast for your dancing so move on every other beat or about 60 per minute or about one per second. Elaborate pole work is overrated. Some dancers put so much energy into their pole work that they are exhausted and sweaty at the end, have to take a shower, and wind up missing prime chances to sell a personal dance. Unless this is a black club don't expect much tips from your stage appearance. Your stage appearance is the first step in your sales pitch for private dances. Approach it as such. Show the goods, look guys right in the eyes seductively. Talk to them if the sound system allows it.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Despite what Alucard says, don't invite any of your friends to "cum" to your audition; they're liable to get the wrong idea. Though, if they *do* "cum", that probably means you're doing a pretty good job.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    The OP has mentioned in some of her earlier threads that she was “trying to get in shape” to become a dancer – perhaps her comments w.r.t. a 2-month lead time may be that that is what she is targeting as an audition date for when she believes she’ll in shape?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Skibum and inno seem like seasoned pervs, I mean hobbyists; and I agree w/ their summaries. To me is how a dancer looks and carries herself; I don’t ever recall turning down a dancer b/c she wasn’t killing it on stage – eye contact and a smile from stage would sell me more on a dancer than an Olympic routine on the pole (although there are some custies that really enjoy pole work).
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    You could try going to your school health clinic, tell them you have to sing in church or some shit, and your really scared, so can you have a beta-blocker pill. It won't make you high, just calmer. You might be able to get one of these from someone you know who has high blood pressure. If you want to keep it totally simple just walk around on stage in your stripper shoes with your hands on your hips, and as much as you can, put one foot directly in front of the other. Do some butt-pops and twerking. Play with your boobs, put your head back, and close your eyes. Over time, and with practice at home in front of a mirror, you will get better, and pick up other girl's moves that you like. But better dancing will maybe increase your $$$ by 20% at most. Have you ever walked around a shopping mall in short-shorts and a knit top? If zero guys looked at you, you probably shouldn't be a stripper. If most guys looked at you, and some almost got whiplash, you can make a lot of money in a good club. If it was somewhere in between, it will depend on you much money you personally want to get out of it whether dancing is for you. If you get turned down at your audition, that's just one person's opinion, try another club. Good luck wise one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion