tuscl

OT:20 Years of UFC

Many, many moons ago there lived this man. This man's name was Rorion Gracie. This man had a dream. A dream of seeing just who is the baddest martial artist. On November 12, 1993, this dream materialized as the Ultimate Fighting Championship. And history was made.

I have been a fan of the UFC for a long time. Any other UFC fans that might have something to say?

If you'd like me to tie this into strip clubs and strippers, much of the UFC is held in Las Vegas or Canada, where there are strip clubs a plenty. And in Brasil where there are hookers a plenty.

5 comments

• rockstar666
    11 years ago
    My now grown kids Shidokan karate sensi competed and won "strongman" competitions, which I think was the precursor to the more organized UFC now. Basically you'd get these lumbering martial arts experts that did more wrestling than acrobatic moves. He used a combination of judo and karate. Today the competitors seem smaller, faster and much more athletic. I can't say I'm a fan but I have watched it from time to time.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I NEVER watch this "Stuff". Not interested. The last REAL Boxing, except for the Olympics, that I watched was when Ali was still fighting.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    My first experience with MMA was in the old Alley Cat (Playmates now) in Coral Gables, FL. Myself and two others from work were there after work. It cam on the TV in the club. It was much different then now. I don't think there were any rules at all.

As it turned out everyone was watching it, including the dancers. Management finally turn it off (no one buying anything), but the customers overruled and we saw the rest of the show. I couldn't tell you one person on it, but it was sure bloody!
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I personally could not care less about MMA and the UFC, but I know that at a couple clubs I visit which don't have TV's that whenever the UFC has an event, those clubs are empty, at least until the event ends, which makes that particular time the right time to go. OTOH, one of my regular clubs always shows the UFC shows and the one time I went to that club when one was on, that was the only thing anyone (customers and dancers) seemed to care about. The same thing happens there for boxing PPV's. The part that really sucks about that, though, is my favorite there won't work there on those days, since she doesn't care for MMA and that's all anyone wants to do there those days.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I like you Alucard but you obviously don't know shit about boxing if Ali is the last dude you watched box. Google Julio Caesar Chavez. I just watched Andre Ward fight at the Citizens Bank Arena in Ontario,CA last night. Amazing.

Then again, I come from a fight family so I figure that you might not understand my feelings towards the fight game. According to ESPN, boxing is the most difficult sport. I didn't make that up. ESPN did.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion