tuscl

This Topic We Can Get Universal Agreement On...

Friday, November 4, 2005 4:08 PM
The pink site sucks.

23 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Yoda, I didn't make that up, I read that somewhere. Chandler, I recently read a novel where the main character says, "The older I get the less I'm sure of." I've found that to be true too.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: I like that: "Life is Messy". It should be on a T-shirt.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chandler, I used to live in a black and white world, but the older I get the more I realize that life just isn't that simple. Call it wisdom or senility, but there it is. My advice - relax and enjoy, and don't sweat the small shit. And it's all small shit.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    FONDL, if you go back and forth from black to white often enough, it's true you do end up with gray.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Yoda, it couldn't have been too interesting, I don't even remember what it was about. And to both of you, maybe my problem is that on a lot of issues I don't have very strong feelings one way or the other but I often like to examine both sides, so one day I might argue one side and the next day I'm likely to look at the other point of view. Take a highly-charged issue like abortion for example - I can easily argue either side of that issue depending on when you ask me. What I have the most trouble with is people who aren't willing to examine the both sides of an issue, although I'm probably like that myself on some issues. I try to keep an open mind, I don't always succeed. As I said before, life is messy.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    FONDL: When I say there is "an element of truth" or "some truth" in what somebody else says, I imply that there is also some, or mostly, untruth, so I don't mean I agree with all of it. If you do mean that, that's fine, but I don't see how that squares with the heightened appreciation for gray areas that you claim for yourself.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: I'm not missing your point, I just don't agree with the practice and I'm saying so. Just as you did on the pink site you are assuming that people don't understand you when in fact they just don't agree with you. I must say however, it was interesting reading...
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Yoda, I still think you're missing my point. I'm not trying to "push someone's buttons," I'm simply pointing out that their views may be overly simplistic. Someone once said (and I'm sure someone here will tell me who), "For every problem there's a simple solution that is wrong." Or something like that. Anyway I think that's very true. We like simple solutions to problems because they're simple. But unfortunately life is rarely like that. Chandler, you lost me on that one. Of course it was your opinion, just like the preceeding paragraph is mine.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: Posting just to push someone elses buttons and then crying foul when they gang up on you (IE: Your relationship with the pinkies) may not be mean but sure strikes me as a pointless exercise.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Actually, what little I've read by browsing the pink site didn't strike me as quite so one-sided as I expected. I've come across some archived threads while googling that had customer and dancer input and were pretty even-handed. Maybe if I saw more threads that stray outside their acceptable range of views, their true colors would be revealed. I checked out that blue site after JC mentioned it, and it doesn't seem very active. It looks to be at first, because all the old threads are kept online, but the recent weekly post count is only a fraction of this board's.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Chandler: I've had similar responses from a dancer who wanted to change clubs and move from a non-contact club to a full contact. None of the pinkies are very interested in the realities of earning a living in a contact club. There are a few dancers who post on the SCJ (blue) side of Stripperweb who are much more in touch with reality.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: Thats a good point but, as I said, a quick trip through the threads over there makes it plainly obvious what the agenda is - no matter what the thread may be titled. Strip clubs also have signs that say "no contact with the dancers". They don't mean what they say either.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    According to the few strippers who have talked to me about it, the pink site is not there for a lot of them, either. Their take on it is pretty much the same as the "whiners" here. I thought it might be helpful for a girl who was considering a move to a new area, but she said it wasn't worth sifting through the airdance bias.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    If, when you say, "sucks", you mean that it has no value or merit, I would have to disagree. As another poster on this board has pointed out, I use it as a very reliable contrarian indicator. If a Pinkie says that a club is disgusting, that the customers are pigs and that management won't look out for the dancers, I know that the quaint little bistro in question is likely to provide just the level of mileage that I like....
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    FONDL, like most people they really want their own views confirmed by others. It does get a little ugly over there when someone challenges their world view.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Then why do they have a section called "customer conversation?" I was under the (obviously mistaken) impression that girls who asked questions there wanted our views.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Gentlemen: There are dozens of places on the internet where men can talk about strip clubs, bitch about strippers and BRAGG about how much of a stud they are when they have a wallet full of cash in a club. The dancers have only ONE place; Stripperweb. The pink site is not there for you. It's there for the dancers. Weather they want to be honest with themselves or not is THEIR Business. Any moron who spends ten minutes reading the threads can figure out what's ging on over there. You guys are whining worse than the dancers over there do. Just don't fucking go there. It isn't there for you.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    We're not the target audience of StripperWeb so it's no big surprise that we're not fans. The dancers who post there seem to enjoy the site, and it's sometimes interesting to read about the details of dancing as an industry, not a hobby. It's an interesting sociology experiment.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I haven't really surfed around stripper sites. Is the pink site [view link] ?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    They seem to enjoy it. Also from reading the where to dance posts I think I'm pretty safe in saying that south Florida and Houston are the places to visit.
  • eznuk
    19 years ago
    Agreed. I am totally unimpressed. Maybe we need to spread the word in the clubs?
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Funny you should say that FONDL. Once, when I posted there was "an element of truth" in club magangement's assessment of customers' timidity, you said that meant it was my opinion - black and white, no gray. The contol thing must get to everyone at some point.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Yoda, I was being facetious. AN is right, most of them just want confirmation for their opinions. You and I had a discussion about this some time ago where I said I often enjoy stating the contrary opinion when everyone else is in agreement on something, and you said I was being mean. I think you misinterpreted my motives - I do it because people often see things as black and white where I see things as shades of grey; in other words there's usually an element of truth in the contrary opinion and I often think it deserves to be aired. That's why some people get very angry when someone voices a contrary opinion, because there is an element of truth to it and they don't want to admit it. People don't like to admit to themselves that the world is a very complicated place and that life is messy. It's a control thing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion