tuscl

Veteran's Day - 11/11/13

Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:59 PM
To all Veterans who have died in the line of duty or who have otherwise passed on. Thank you. This includes my parents who were both vets of the Korean War era. Long remember these deceased soldiers.

23 comments

• GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Good stuff, Alucard
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Yes!
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Yes, this is an important day for me. My father was one of the Canadian Army's most decorated combat soldiers of WW II. I make every effort to honour his service and memory every November 11 by laying a wreath at a cenotaph somewhere. I will do this tomorrow in Yellowknife at 11:00AM. In Canada November 11 is called Remembrance Day.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    Non Sibi Sed Patriae. "Not for self, but for country".
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I truly appreciate the courage of our Veterans. My grandfather served in France in WW I My Dad served in the Pacific in WW II One uncle was in Korea Another in Vietnam I was fortunate to come of age during a rare time of peace in this country. I feel blessed.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Hear, hear
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    As the son of UA Air Force vet. we need to take care of our Vet's
  • Lone_Wolf
    11 years ago
    Well said.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    Um....Veterans Day is for the living; we honor those who have served. Memorial Day is for those killed in the line of duty. Let's not confuse the two.
  • bvino
    11 years ago
    Thank you RockStar for pointing that out. I am a veteran and this was hammered into us at Fort Jackson.Even there is confusion I figure we can all use a little respect even if it is on the wrong day.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I got two veteran homeboys who I'll treat today for lunch. One went to Iraq while the other went to Afghanistan.
  • ssteve
    11 years ago
    Thank you rockstar for pointing out the difference. I appreciate the sentiment, but I am still alive...is my take on things...
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    My greatest respect and admiration to our Veterans!
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Yes, thanks all to all the vets out there defending our rights to go to strip clubs or do whatever we can legally do.
  • Joker420
    11 years ago
    I'm a vet of call of dutie
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    I'd like to convey a big salute, and big thanks to all veterans. Flew the flag today.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Both of my parents served during WWII. My mother was a stateside Navy nurse at Parris Island and my father was a sergeant in Europe. All five of my mother's brothers served in the Navy, two in WWII. One of those was on the USS Lexington CV-2 that was severely damaged by Japanese planes during the Battle of the Coral Sea.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    My ancestor was a veteran of slavery.. that should count
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Estie & joker, a serious thread is started and you two try to derail it with comments not related to Veterans Day. You did the same thing that a person commented in a discussion about people who were slaves, saying, "I am treated like a slave by the old lady."
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I also must pause and show respect to"Our Great Veterans"Thank You.Estie,I understand your salvo,but I think a young man in your situation should be thinking about tomorrow,whats in your rear view mirror is not important.This is why I wake at 4:00 am,it's the promise of a new day.
  • Joker420
    11 years ago
    Jabdacunt my dad volunteered as a army special forces in the Vetnam era for 10 years and came back to fuck my mom and other ladies to have me and my siblings.....my grandpa did the same thang in WWI and WWII.....and i served this great land by playing call of dutie giving my life over a 100 times now....so suck on my suger titty
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Honor also to Finnish WWII veterans.
  • Joker420
    11 years ago
    Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion