tuscl

Retired ATF

Clubber
Florida
Joker420 asked, "how many times have you fucked your ATF ?" in another topic.

My question is, do you think an ATF has to be actively dancing? As an example, my ATF has not danced in close to 10 years. She is still my ATF since I've never found a dancer that that was more a favorite than her. Oh, I've had the short term "faves", but no dancer has ever come close to replacing her.

21 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    My ATF car was my '73 Ranchero. Long time retired but still my ATF.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I thought that we already cleared up the confusion between an ATF and a CF? Your ATF is your ATF, working or retired.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    Clubber, in my opinion, no, your ATF does not have to be active.

I think the Ranchero was a better niche vehicle than the El Camino.

Funny how they both had Spanish names.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    My favorite vehicle with a Spanish name is the Miura by Lamborghini.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    My ATF is retired. I don't expect to find another like her despite all that plenty o' fish thing.

Met her when she was young and hot and grew so fond of her, the change in her appeareance did not matter as she got older
  • Rod8432
    11 years ago
    Yeah, ATF does mean all-time, so at some point, she'll likely be retired from dancing, but not replaced in your world. The only time she falls off the ATF list, is when someone new and better comes along.

Could happen, but not likely, in the case of Shadow's '73 Ranchero. To me, it's in the same league as the '73 Mustang Fastback and the '73 Mercury Cougar. I guess '73 was a pretty damn good year, or maybe just seemed that way compared to the wasteland of cars that were soon to follow in the wretched 80s.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    @SlickSpic The Miura was my childhood favorite. By the mid 80's you could get one for $25,000. Today they sell for $400k and up. I missed my opportunity there!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I posted a thread on July 1st, entitled, "TERMINOLOGY: ATF vs. CF"

See: https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…

Clubber, Slick, Pablo, Motor, and Rod: You have it correct. And I concur, an ATF could be retired.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    I am of course married to my ATF woman and 3 minutes after my dance or CR ends I don't even recall the dancer's name.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    73' was a good year cause in 75' the gov't got invonvledcabd started fucking up the muscle cars.
  • Rod8432
    11 years ago
    Yes, who can forget what happened to the Mustang - the abomination called "Mustang II." Sad years, indeed...
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    I thought my ATF was gone forever but a recent review here suggests she has reappeared at another club and with a new "look". I will be trying to find her this weekend. Wish me luck!
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I suppose if I had to rank all the dancers who ever danced for me, then the lady who's my ATF is retired and has a real world job.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    73 was not a good year. The car makers decided to make smaller cars, which they did by chopping the back end off their big cars. Buicks in particular were butt-ugly that year. 72 was really the last good year at least at GM.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    My atf was a 1969 Pontiac Firebird formula 400.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I would think that just about every red-blooded American boy would have their FIRST car as their favorite. And I mean THEIR car, not mom and dad's beater.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Clubber: I agree. While not a hot rod, or a hot car at all, I had a 1971 Pontiac LeMans convertible as my first car. Wish I still had that thing.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    gmd,

My first, I bought and paid for, and under $3000 NEW! My father did let me trade in an old beater he had. I think I got a couple of hundred for it.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I paid $150 for my "49 Chevy in 1959 and my insurance was $200/year.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    My ATF car was the Ferrari that I owned for only a few nervous months during my retirement. I had the lovely red beast wound up just one single time on Alberta's best highway and I was scared shitless as I approached the beast's top end.

Even with my life long passion for speed I realized that I had to sell the Ferrari if I wanted to live a longer life. It was just way too much car for my capabilities. I took a bit of a financial bath when I sold the machine.

But, gawd, I will never forget that one glorious run.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    fa,

You said, "...the lovely red beast...". Excellent! I think a Ferrari any other color then blood red is a mistake. That car is meant to be RED!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion