tuscl

Dancer asking if you're married & your answer

Shekitout
South Carolina
I've been asked by dancers if I'm married: Should I tell the truth or lie? Which is worse telling the truth or lying? If you say yes does it change their attitude toward you?

6 comments

• JC2003
    19 years ago
    I answer no, because I'm single. Occasionally I'll show them my ring fingers for effect, knowing that some married guys who have doffed their ring or don't wear one do that, too.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I actually like it when girls start to ask personal questions, because to me that implies two things: first, it suggests that they have some interest in me or at least are willing to pretend to; and second, I interpret it as permission to ask them personal questions too, which makes conversation a lot simpler.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    FONDL is correct. DOn't read too much into the question. They're just making conversation. Nine times out of ten, the next question is whether you have children, which obviously has very little do with your prospects as a customer.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I don't think most dancers care one way or another. Especially if there's a big age difference between the two of you. I think most of the time when they ask they're just trying to make conversation. Asking personal questions is a classic conversational technique because most people like to talk about themselves.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    From my experience, it would be next to immposible to hide the fact I am married. The wedding ring has left an un-mistakeable sign, even when removed. So, I always tell the truth. I've yet to find this a negative.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat is absolutely right. Dancers want your money. Married guys want some strange, NSA ass. It's a perfect union.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion