tuscl

New website features

Shekitout
South Carolina
I do not like the fact that sex ads are now on the home page even though you're a VIP memeber. Previously you did not see all the garbage & I'm certainly no prude but do not like all the cum on ads. Thoughts?

12 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Use the "Edit Profile & Options" menu item to the right. There's an option there to turn them off for VIPs.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Clicking the checkbox for Hid banner ads works, but remember if you go back to see if the box checked there's a glitch and it appears unchecked but you wont see the ads is how you know it worked!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Hmmm. I just checked, and the box is still checked for me.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    Keep in mind, this website is designed for the masses, not just the 20-50 frequent posters. Updated design and ads allow for increased revenue to founder to allow him to continue improving the site and his well being. He should be commended for incorporating features that can be turned off by frequent/VIP users.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ttf,

Unfortunately, many humans are creatures of habit. As I said in another thread, change for the sake of change is rarely a good thing.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    Clubber,

I agree, but it is my guess founder makes changes for his benefit, and although humans may be creatures of habit, they still need to evolve.

14 years ago
    Thanks for the tip on the Edit Profile and Options. Glad to get rid of the ads.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I wonder how founder makes money from those ads. Does he get paid ONLY if we click on them and follow through making a purchase? Or does he get paid each time they get displayed (like paid 1 penny for each 1000 views, etc.). If he gets paid for every 1,000 views then I would not mind having them even with my VIP status...but if he only gets paid if we click thru and make a purchase than they are just a waste of space for me because I am not going purchase anything from the ads anyways.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1,

A valid point. I, too, would pt up with the ads if it would help founder.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I guess the masses must like the Facebook of Sex alot.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I agree with the others that say that they would put up with the ads if it helps founder keep this site alive. I travel a lot and this site has been invaluable to me over the years, even during times I was too cheap and lazy to pay, or contribute, for VIP. Anything that helps founder keep it alive as a resource is ok in my book.
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    Yes, we all want Founder and TUSCL to be successful. If ads help him be successful, and I can avoid the ads by a simple click, that's good enough.

Does ANYBODY pay a subscription fee?

As for the ads, I read once that the site gets paid a small amount for just placing the ad, more small amounts (slightly bigger) for clicks, and still more if they actually spend money. Don't know if that's true but it makes sense. Just getting paid for clicks makes no sense because then people would build automatic clicking algorithms, and they would randomize them so it would be hard to see they were automated.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion