tuscl

Managers that act like A**holes

Ironcat
South Carolina
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:04 PM
I have been going to strip joints since the early 1980's and have never had any problems with managers, bouncers, bartenders or waitresses. I am always polite and tip well for good service. So I stop by my favorite club (Platinum Plus in Greenville) in the afternoon (See my review) and I am literally the only customer in the place. I decide to walk the perimeter of the seating area to see if any dancers were sitting around since the handful sitting at he bar were substandard even by PP standards. When I get to the entry I'm approached by a manager and a bouncer and they accuse me of wandering through the VIP area - which was untrue. They start giving me the third degree, insisting that they saw me leave the room. I would think that with business being slow they would treat their customers (especially regulars like myself) a little more respectfully. Has anyone had similar experiences with Gestapo like management in their club?

23 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I've never had that happen at an sc but I have had middle management treat me rudely at a restaurant that I frequent. Good thing that the HNIC knew me as a great customer and rectified the situation.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Not in a Strip Club but at a "high end" bar in Vegas I was cutting through a raised seating area towards an open bar. A young jerk in a poorly cut but expensive looking suit cut me off and said I had to pay $100 to use the "Special Reserved" area. I looked around the nearly empty bar and the completely empty "special" section and laughed. Turned out, that wasn't the best way to calm the guy down. I ended up wasting a half hour talking to the jerk, a security guard, the bar manager, a floor manager and finally the general manager. The last three were very apologetic and even offered comp VIP and drinks even passes to shows. When I left the club was getting busy, but I was certainly no longer in the mood to enjoy the place.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    Never, but I would've given the bouncer a good smack & told the manager to "fuck off or prepare your mouth for a dick" then turned to the stripper asking for a dance to "prepare your mouth for a dick or fuck off". If he wants war, I got marines and pro fighters on speed dial.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I've certainly read about bad experiences like you described. The only one I've had myself, was one time when I went into a strip club for the first (and only) time, that was well out of my usual area. The manager started telling the dancers that I was a cop. Obviously, I wasn't going to have any fun after that. The Strip Club Hound's blog routinely discusses incompetent strip club owners and managers. It's very good reading at: [view link]
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    These things happen everywhere. Give some moron a modicum of authority and they'll try to throw some weight around. If they really piss me off ask for their boss, otherwise laugh it off.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Yes, but NOT in a favorite club.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I was thrown out of the Hotel Ritz in Paris. The Hotel Ritz is where Princess Diana was staying before her fatal accident. I felt like telling the manager of the Hotel Ritz that I had been thrown out of better joints than his, but that would not be true.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Kick them in the nuts
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Are they the new vaginas?
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Part of the reason I quit going to one of my old favorite clubs (before it closed down) was the fact the manager insisted I pay a dancer for a lap dance she never gave me. We went up the stairs to the private dance room, then she insisted she had to use the restroom. So I'm waiting in the waiting area (since all the chairs were taken) waiting for her to return and it's going on 15 minutes, which should have been plenty if she was just going to the restroom. So I go talk to the ticket guy (you had to buy a ticket to use the private dance room at this club) demanding a refund, since the girl never gave me a dance, only the ticket guy says I can't have my refund since I took her up the stairs, so I ask for the club owner/town drug dealer (he eventually got busted for drug possession) and he says I not only can't get a refund, but I owe her the cost of a lap dance as well. I told him she never gave me one and that she went to the rest room, so he goes to the rest room and comes back and says she gave one. I told him she's lying and that his club was shit and left, and that was the last I was there for at least a year and a half.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I've always been treated very well in my club as everyone knows me, and even by the owner whom I don't like because of the way he treats the girls. He doesn't like me either because I point out things to improve things that he'd rather not hear about, but he's respectful of my business and that's all I can ask. He may be an ass but at least he's not stupid.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Many strip club managers are even bigger cocksuckers than the girls working for them are. Guys in the 30s and 40s seem to be the worst in this regard. I guess managing whores is a big power trip for them.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Yeah I've run into many managers and asst managers who are only employed because they are related to the owner. Otherwise they wouldn't be qualified to work in fast food.
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    Well, being the manager of a strip club is both complex and not exactly high class so you tend to get people who are over their heads. It requires a close attention to detail yet not micromanaging. One of the biggest problems is that a club can get the attitude that this isn't really a real business with real customers but a giant scam where PLs are tricked out of their money. Because once that attitude takes hold everybody will be looking for their own scam, and everybody will be looking to scam the manager and club in the process.
  • Ironcat
    11 years ago
    I appreciate all the comments and feel a little better that even some of the long time veterans have had this happen. I guess the fact that this is my "home" club (read my reviews and you'll see that I am usually upbeat, even if the club experience that day was less than ideal). I'm the type of guy who likes to avoid trouble, never gets drunk and is always respectful to the dances (even the ROBs - I just avoid them on future visits.). I am not a whale but I do spend a couple hundred on most visits and have been fairly steady as a customer. Luckily there are other clubs in my area so PP is not the only show in town.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Great attitude, Ironcat. The best revenge against any businesses with poor management and/or customer service is to take your hard earned money straight to their competition.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    @inno: That was some good insight – many of us have experienced clubs where they try to take as much from you as they can (forced valet or paying for self-parking; watered down drinks; forcing dancers to push/sell drinks; pushy shot girls; tip parade; etc.). Instead of trying to offer custies good value for their $$$; they try to empty your pockets w/o offering anything/much. I rotate among various clubs – sometimes when I am deciding on which club to go to – I will often rule out the ones with the high hustle factor even if I o/w like the club/dancers. And IMO – clubs that try to hustle custies out of their $$$ will often times also try to hustle dancers out of theirs which in turn forces the dancers to have to hustle us.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Many club “managers”/bouncers are def rough around the edges – they don’t tend to be the college educated types and often don’t have much sense and even less business sense. This is probably more true in the dives where I imagine there are very few qualifications required to work there, in any capacity. I’ve generally have not had any issues with management/bouncers. Can only recall one. I was in a dive in Ft. Worth, TX (while I was living in Dallas). I went w/ a dancer to the open LD room in a corner of the club – before the dancer started dancing for me, she excused herself for a minute while she went to the back (she said she’d be right back and to wait for her). While I was sitting in the LD room; a bouncer with a large frame and a small brain starts signaling at me with his finger (as if he was asking a dog to come to him) – I made a face and hand gesture like saying what do you want to tell me – he just kept moving his finger for me to come to him. I get up to talk to him (if he knew anything about customer service he would have come to me, no?) – and then he asks me to follow him. The moron takes me all the way outside the club to the parking lot to tell me that the area I was sitting in was for LDs and that I couldn’t sit there. I can definitely understand that since he did not see me go to the LD area w/ a dancer nor did he know I was waiting for the dancer – but really – couldn’t you just have come up to me and told me what you needed to tell me w/o you making me walk all the way to the f’ing parking lot so you can bestow your rules on me – single-digit IQ moron.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Local governments make it like pulling teeth to open a strip club. Lack of free competition always has a predictable result. If you go to the SC and all the staff are dead, then you know staxwell's in town.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    My experience with the manager or assistant manager went something like this. Assistant manager, blah, blah, blah, blah blah? me, What? manager, blah, blah, blah blah me, What? Assistant manager, Do you speak Spanish? me, I can't hear very good, it's too loud in here. Assistant, blah blah blah blah me, no thanks
  • magicrat
    11 years ago
    Ironcat...methinks the manager's attitude and the fact that you were the only customer in the place is not a coincidence. I frequent this club as well and have never had an incident there personally. I even had a fairly long conversation with a daytime DJ who seemed to really be a cool dude. Not sure why the guys who fucked with you had their panties in a wad that day. At least you can take your $ to a couple other clubs in town.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Hasn't happened to me. I hope you walked out.
  • luvthepus
    11 years ago
    Club I go in the girls offer pretty good mileage well I go in 3 times a week probably put 150 to 200 in the owners pocket just on drinks every week. Well lately he seems to want to slow my ATF down by coming back and playing with lights or talking loud right outside where we are at normally she just waits him out. And does a good finish in mouth well. Last night he was staying right outside and she could not get her mouth down on it for the finish so she had a full hand. Well when we walked by him on way out she brushed her hand on his back and left a nice streak that showed in the black light. For the club the money I spend on beer is more than anyone else on a weekly basis the fucker should give me a private room and tell her to take care of me. Instead i think he is jealous. Never seen him bother anyone else.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion