tuscl

Charges Against Valley Brook Strip Club Dismissed

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:32 PM
VALLEY BROOK, Oklahoma - A bust at a strip club in Valley Brook put more than a dozen dancers behind bars. Seventeen people were charged with engaging in lewd acts and other crimes last year. Now those charges have been dismissed. "It just seemed like it was more of a thing to grab some headlines at that time," said Mike Jollay. Jollay is the current manager of Little Darlings, a strip club raided by the Oklahoma County Sheriff Office, state, and federal agents last summer. Sixteen dancers and the former club manager were arrested. Most were charged with engaging in lewd acts. In an agreement with the state, those charges were dismissed in exchange for 20 hours of community service. "The girls were very professional about it and they understood they hadn't done anything wrong it was just and unfortunate circumstance," Jollay said. And he believes that proves the club was unfairly targeted. Jollay tells News 9 it has cost them business as well. 7/20/2012 Related Story: 17 People Arrested At Valley Brook Strip Club "Business has come back and people understand, more or less, it was just a thing to get re-elected or whatever these politicians want to do," Jollay said. At the time of the raid, Sheriff John Whetsel called it the largest raid on a strip club in Oklahoma County. In an untold number of man hours spent on the project, the deputies allegedly witnessed the dancers perform naked, instead of wearing the required thongs and pasties. The women were also accused of offering sex acts for money and inappropriately touching customers. On July 20, 2012, Whetsel said, "There was no real panic at any time inside the club so I don't think this was their first rodeo." The Sheriff declined to comment on the raid a year later and his office could not provide an estimate of how much money was spent on the investigation. Although the club still disagrees with raid, Jollay said they will always cooperate with law enforcement. "I'm very happy that Little Darlings has been exonerated and I think the club did the right thing Doncha just wonder how much tax payer dollars were used to get a sheriff reelected or whatever?

5 comments

• mmdv26
    11 years ago
    County sheriff's and prosecutors have a unique position in politics. They are free to use their taxpayer-funded resources to build name-recognition for themselves. They spend huge sums cornering some small-potato dumbass who has violated the law - usually a law pertaining to sexual activity or violent crimes against persons because those crimes reap the biggest headlines courtesy of a media that is just a few IQ points over that of a common streetwalker. Strip clubs are like shooting fish in a barrel for LE. Never a problem to find SOMETHING going on in there that is against the law. Criticize the poor cost-benefit ratio of the sheriff's or prosecutor's actions and you may notice deputies cruising by your apartment frequently to make sure YOU ARE OK. Better make sure BOTH of your tail lights work. Come re-election time both of these guys are claiming to have "really put a dent in prostitution" in Acme County during the past four years. And of course they've taken down some medium-sized meth cookers and had some weed burns as well. (Ever notice pictures of the sheriff deputies wearing full-combat gear to set fire to a weed patch?) Probably defending us from ourselves. Enough, enough. Leave the whores and clubs alone. Give the whores pagers so they can push-button the cops when a john starts acting out fantasies that are against the law to act out. And give the cops free club admission on Thursday's so they can hang-out with dancers who have "a thing" for guys in uniform. Is this a road flare in your pocket officer?
  • slick316
    11 years ago
    I used to frequent this club a lot before the raid and the manager is right, this place has lost a lot of business because of it, including a lot of the talent. To be fair, this is the crappiest area to put a strip club like this, seriously, who puts a strip club next door to a police station? I used to have the number for one of the girls that was arrested, but she doesn't dance anymore so I deleted it. I know a couple of the girls that were arrested work at another club that I go to. I have spoken to them about this raid and they weren't shy about sharing the details of that night. Very interesting stuff to be honest.
  • SoonerSam
    11 years ago
    Typical Oklahoma City bullshit. While I'm not a fan of Little Darlings, I am glad to see that it was exonerated for this. Really sad, as Shadow said, that untold amounts of taxpayer money was wasted for a county sheriff to get reelected.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    slick316: "this is the crappiest area to put a strip club like this, seriously, who puts a strip club next door to a police station?" The Landing Strip in Romulus (a Detroit suburb) is next door to the police station. They seen to have no problem co-existing.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    MMDV said it best.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion