tuscl

Pervert Row

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Tuesday, December 6, 2005 4:04 AM
I like it, but then I spend a lot of time in non'contact clubs. Even at LD clubs I like to sit at the stage and tip. Opinions?

43 comments

• chandler
    19 years ago
    You're blameless, AN. Yoda was the one who claimed it was universal. I had always assumed it was the opposite, or internet only, until you guys spoke up. It's looking like the truth is somewhere in between.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    FONDL, it's common for strippers to disparage other customers whose habits are different from yours. I wouldn't necessarily take their slurs at face value.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, I'm willing to defer to you in the midwest, but it is a term used by dancers in the east. I don't think I claimed it was universal, but if I did I stand corrected. FONDL, I've been friendly with a few dancers whose birth cannals were well known to me.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I think it depends on the type of club (once again.) My ATF danced in a club where the girls "danced" totally nude on stage, which means that they gave views of their birth canal while laying on their backs with legs spread inches away from the customers' noses. In such places I'm guessing that "perv row" is a pratty common term. I never sat there, I would have found it embarassing, especially once I got to know the girl. I'm not sure we would have become firends if I had sat there.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Minnow is Midwest and he brought it up, so who knows? Also, the stage at Chitown's haunt is surrounded by a very lengthy tip rail with seating, so chances are they use the term in Indy. If not, that would definitely argue in favor of the regional explanation.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    It could be regional or it could be generational. Honestly, it's not a subject I bring up with dancers. It's just something I've heard in conversation over the years.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Maybe it's a regional thing. My ATF and her friends always called it pervert row. And they generally had a low opinion of people who sat there.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    AN, Yoda: File this under 'I Told You So'... I've brought up the term Pervert Row with three Midwest strippers since I posted above. All of them dance at topless clubs which have tables around the stage, not rows of seats, so the girls don't work them for tips in their stage sets. Two of them have danced around quite a bit in Detroit and other Michigan clubs or in Florida and Texas. With the first girl, I dropped the term into conversation. She acted like she understood me, but when I asked, she said she thought she'd heard it but had no idea where or what it meant. With a girl who had just come back from a month dancing at a nude club near Miami, I just asked if she'd heard the term, thinking it might have been used down there. Never. She had trouble even understanding the concept. Thought it was gay. Last night, after one of my faves called me a pervert, I said, "Say, that reminds me..." She'd never heard it in all the Detroit and Windsor clubs, as a stripper or as a customer. She said the real perverts sit back away from the stage, like me. We agreed that Pervert Row has to be wherever we're sitting. I'm going to keep asking. This is fun.
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    Generally, I'm at PR seat. I also occasionally slip back as this is a better way to catch dancers for ld's or a little downtime warmup. Often, dancers don't approach customers in pr seats during a set (not cool amoung dancers), whereas several tables away from stage, OK.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chandler, this particular club had a lot of young customers who would come in, sit at the stage, stare at the girls' crotches for hours, and never spend a dime. The girls all hated it, it's why they referred to it as "perv row." If you are spending money on private dances, they won't care where you sit, they'll love you just the same.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    George, I've seen Kate. Very cute. Nice dances at the stage, she seems like she could be fun, but she comes with her not so cute translator attached, so I passed. Other than her Lux is the only day girl that catches my attention. I think I know who the very skinny one with the facial piercings is. She was there. There is also the very tall thin girl who I'm sure is on something all the time. She just disturbs me. They might not be considered bad looking, depending on someone's prefered type, but it just seems to be slim pickin's at JP's these days. Nights are still fairy good I guess. GG's definitely has the better day lineup, but just isn't as laid back as JP's. Shame.
  • Georgewalker
    19 years ago
    Ab-norm, Not a bad list. At JP's I have worked Lux a few times. She has a great body, just a so-so face. She does not seem to be to into the after club encounters. Most of the time, I just enjoy the "hunt" just to see if I can. We have a good connection, but she is a good kid and I'd rather not lead her on too much. My fav at JP's right now is Kate, new girl from Brazil. Totally hot. No english, but it is fun communicating with her. There is not much else I like from the day time crew at Jp's right now. I also got a number from some young "goth" chick. Forget her name, lots of peircings, great young skinny body. I never called. I miss Natasha. She is young very good looking but has been out for a while dealing with a drug problem. No she was a GREAT-outside the club story! This afternoon, I am heading to the block. It has been a while since I have been. That is the ultimate fun day time adventure in the area. A bit of a drive but almost always worth it! Let figure a day to grab a beer one of these days. We may be leading the entire region area in titty bar trips.
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the herd mentality of tipping. I have done the same deal with favorites where I tip first, and then more customers do. I will even move up to pervert row before they come out so that they have someone to immediately dance for if they want. Nothing sadder than a bored looking stripper staring out at an audience that won't tip. (OK, an ugly looking bored stripper is sadder yet....)
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Oh, and George, feel free to e-mail me anything if it's something best not said in a public forum. I check the Abbie_Normal e-mail about once a week.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    George, We will have to meet up some time. I miss Joanne too. She was always the hottest girl there, and that's no slam on the dancers (although there were times she was the only hot girl there). I am insanely jealous that you apparently met her for some OTC fun, even though I usually don't go for OTC. Was in yesterday and I watched "Ripley's Believe it or Not" more than the dancers (except for Lux). Did GG's too. Redd was looking good. I recognized her, but can't remember ever meeting her. I will write a review shortly of both trips.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    George, just for starters, here are a few favorites going backward. Brooke at GG's, Halina at GG's, Veronica (buxom redhead) at JP's (previously GG's), Sunny (aka Viviette) at GG's, Isis at GG's (now at Camelot), Shane (deceased) from GG's, Heaven at JP's (later waitressed at GG's), and Rikki, first met her at JP's, followed her to GG's. One other you may remember, Puni at GG's, but she was mostly just fun to watch.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I've thought about this a bit and realized that Tiffany1 is right. The only place I'll stick with PR is Good Guys in DC. That happens to be the club I visit most often and for the longest time, so that colored my opinion a bit. I realized that at other DC clubs I usually sit away from the stage. If it's a LD club I'll be stageside till I pick my dancer, then I usually move. If the first dancer doesn't work out (like in a recent visit) I kind of ditch her by going back to PR to see which other talent looks worth a shot.
  • Georgewalker
    19 years ago
    AbbNorm, One of these days we have to meet for a drink at JP's and compare some notes through the years. We both seem to have an extensive history at Jp's and GG. Boy I still miss Joanne my ATF waitress from Jp's. As for your topic. I never ever go for the front row. Always sit back, making sure there is a comfortable space for my favorite lady of the day to join me for a drink. More privacy and better cahnce to work on the after-shift drink with my fav.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I lead by example with favorites like FONDL says. Going first means she might work me over more to encourage other guys to come up and get the same treatment. Also, I like tipping better before she strips off her outfit. I like stage diving when she lowers her skirt over my face and when she pulls up her top to squeeze the buck out of my mouth. A mild fetish, I guess.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I usually don't like to tip first when it's a dancer I'm not looking to get lapdances from. I bet that's a top reason everybody holds off until somebody else start it.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I saw that in play yesterday. It was interesting. NOBODY was tipping at the stage until the clothes were all the way off, yet the dancers still took one or two songs to get naked. You'd think they'd catch on at some point. Perhaps it was a battle of wills.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Travelingthrough, I always use the domino effect to my advantage. When a fave is on stage, I immediately walk up and tip her, which gets everryone else to do the same. It can add considerably to her ti total, which she really appreciates. It's a nice gesture that doesn't cost anything.
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    I'm never shy about being the first to tip a dancer, but you are correct about the domino effect. I think it's because the first tip is usually to get the clothes starting to come off and some guys won't tip until they get to see some goodies. I certainly don't mind getting the ball rolling so to speak.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    travelingthrough, some dancers are reluctant to sit on PR with customers because they distract the tippers from the dancer on stage. I know a lot at the DC clubs are sometimes sensitive about it since it is all stage tips there. I manage to convince my favorites it's OK by continuing to tip the dancer. Some start to get into it, either for the show or in reality, and start to tip the girls on stage for themselves. Always fun.
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    Sitting at Pervert Row is sometimes a necessity at some of the clubs I go to. A couple of them are so small, you have to sit there just to be able to sit somewhere. I've noticed in the smaller local clubs I go to, the dancers won't sit with customers on pervert row. It's like there is some rule that customers sitting there don't want dances. They will approach them and thank them for tips, or ask for dances. But they won't sit down to talk. Great if you want to be left alone to tip, bad if you actually want to get more attention. I personally hate sitting there for long periods of time, and never do at bigger clubs where more seating is available. I'd rather pick and choose what dancers to walk to the stage and tip. On a side note, ever notice how in some clubs, no one seems to want to be the first person to tip the dancer? Then after the first person does, other people start tipping? It is like some weird domino effect...
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Pure inspiration, FONDL, just sitting here thinking of my last trip to BBF VIP, about three weeks ago. You remember...and Chandler remembers better than you. Headstands, Grasshopper?
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I have also heard girls who I knew well refer to it as pervert row, I think it's a common expression among dancers. Chitown, you're becoming much too lyrical for the rest of us. What are you drinking, 20 year old cognac? I need to get some.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    But, Chitown, you're at the Home of the Stage Crawl and Under-the-Rail Nuzzle! That's like living near East St. Louis and never going -- erm, oh never mind.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Ah, but Grasshopper, the trifles of Perverts Row are as mere dust compared to the Nirvana of VIP....
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I'm not a fan of sitting in pervert row. I only use it as a way of getting the attention of dancers from whom I want a dance. With girls I've never met before, I'll sit long enough for them to notice me sticking a couple of ones or a five in their g-string (depening on how much I want the dance). If it's a girl I know at Favorite Club, I usually won't even sit down...just walk up to the dancer long enough for a hug and a few words, and point out to them where I am sitting.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Yoda, AN: Maybe in your corner of the world. Not in mine. If it were in common use around here, I would have heard it. Strippers don't hesitate to me a pervert, and not always with affection. Like I said, "Pervert Row" is redundant.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, I actually heard a dancer use it, by accident, in my presence. She and a few others were sitting with me stageside talking about another customer; "You know him, short guy with the long hair, drinks Heineken, always sits on pervert row...". She caught herself as I looked right at her. She started to stutter some statement but one of the other dancers cut her off. "[Abbie] knows. He's a good pervert."
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Tifffany, oddly enough at JP's across the street I sit away from the stage. I did tonight. Not sure what it is. Other clubs I usually start at the stage until I have my dancer picked. Maybe I'll have to re-think this.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    AN - funny you bring this up....99% of the time, i can't stand sitting at the pole in SCs across the country. But at Good Guys in DC, it's my choice seating, usually with a couple buddies. Something about the layout of that club mixed with the no-dances rule that encourages sitting next to the pole to catch the show up close. It's about the best you're gonna do there...
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    My approach at topless lapdance clubs is like Shadowcat's. I'd rather relax in a corner with a stripper on my knee than sit alone at the stage. I can still go up and tip when there's a girl I like. By the way, I've never heard anybody use the phrase "pervert row" except on the internet. Few clubs I go to have any row of seating at the stage, and besides, isn't everybody in the club assumed to be a pervert? Guys back in the corners fondling strippers are just fulfilling their perversion more. At nude clubs on the road, where stage tipping is more the focus, I'm there. I love the spontaneity of meeting stippers at the stage. I get so bored with the routine of lapdances, stage action is a fun break from that. Still, I don't just plant myself in a seat and tip whoever comes up. Even in the best clubs, there are too many plain (or worse) strippers for a picky guy like me.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    I like going up to sit at the stage but only if there are new girls I want to check out on stage before they make their rounds for private dances.
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    I'm usually on the rail if there's a open seat. The club I frequent has tables/seating that is way too far away for my tastes. If it's really crowded at the rail, I'll hit the back bar and watch from afar.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I used to sit there all the time, but now, it depends on what mood I'm in and partly on which club I go to. My favorite club will sometimes have the dancer onstage come off and do a lapdance for a buck, and if it's a girl I like, I go. It can get real wild, especially when they service the girls. At other club, sometimes I do, but mostly, I just sit in the back and tip the dancers I like.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I'm the exact opposite, I usually sit fairly far away from the stage. But if the girls is half decent I still walk up and tip. I think most girls look better from a bit of a distance. Plus I've had too many unpleasant encounters sitting at the rail.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Speaking of unpleasant encounters at the rail I do have one exception. If the dancer is doing some sort of paint, whipped cream or hot wax show I'm not interested in being either splattered or made a prop for her show. In general I avoid sitting at the stage for anything other than normal dance shows.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    The internet didn't exist the first time I heard the term "perverts row". In fact, personal computers didn't even exist in reasonable numbers. Universal or not I can tell you that it's not always considered a bad thing to be seated there. In my first favorite club, years ago, the seating around the entire stage was considered perverts row by the dancers. They wanted you down there tipping at the stage, in fact, if you sat there and didn't tip the dancers would get the bouncers to move you out and make room for a paying customer. Years later, a club in the old combat zone in Boston had a "perverts row" which was so-named because it was the darkest spot in the club and guys used to sit back there and jerk-off. The term does not have one universal meaning.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    minnow raises a good point. One of the reasons I like PR till I've made my pick is that there is much less hustle and drive by "wanna dance" there. I like to pick my dancer and then approach her. Once I've done that I often move away from the stage.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Every club has a pervert's row and that's exactly what every dancer calls it-maybe not to your face but, trust me, that's what they call it. I was a perverts row guy when I first started visiting clubs but not anymore. I prefer to sit back away from the stage though I will walk up and tip most of the girls as tey do their set-especially if the club is slow.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion