tuscl

Get your pre-nup boys (or don't get married)

deogol
Michigan

Life time alimony?

I didn't even know that existed anymore!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-26…

22 comments

• brad123xyzzz
    11 years ago
    Do not get married in California. Just find some bitchy girl you don't like and buy her a house, then just give her 3-4 thousand dollars a month for life------this is cheaper than divorce in California
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    Do you know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    don't get married
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Supposedly more women than men are graduating college these days.

Divorce laws are antiquated and seem to be based on the model of half a century ago when a lot of women stayed at home.

I can see child support being necessary – but alimony – why?
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    When I get divorced, I offer to give them everything I have up front in exchange for no continuing payments. It's easier to just start over.

My current plan is to not get married again. I don't need any more kids, and they are the main reason to get married as far as I can tell.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    That sucks
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I think these days they say even pre-nups aren't safe if she can get good lawyers.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I'm lucky I just split payments with my ex on anything related to our kids. But she actually makes more money so at least in Arizona she couldn't get any payments from me. In fact a judge would probably make her pay me. Lol.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    You don't know the the word ballistic until you ask your stripper gf to sign a pre-nup.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Especially if you also ask her to quit stripping. :)
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    LOL tumblingdice
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Stop it Scat.Thats what she told you?Who am I to tell her to quit dancing? That's all she knows.Pretty funny coming from a guy that can smell stripper shit from a mile away.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I will keep your advice in mind. I won't get married. What is an alimony
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Shut up! You honestly don't know what alimony is?!?!
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I'm 22 if its marriage related then I'm damn sure I don't know
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    If ya don't get married, then they get ya for palimony. Ya can't win. LOL.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Google is my friend
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    weddings are a great place to pick up women if you do not mind a hanger on-er . Single women all want to get married and pregnant not necessarily in that order. A wedding lites both those fires.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    You are tired.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    welp, I'm staying single forever. Don't want any chances of splitting my earnings with anyone. Looks like I'm adopting while having several girlfriends lol
  • Cristo
    11 years ago
    I read that article as well. Seen older co-workers getting through their divorces is enough to teach me a lesson on human beings' capacity to hate each other.

I also happen to know some people who benefited from such system - they live in luxery and travel all the time... it further reinforces the idea that one has to "marry rich" so things will always work out "in the end"

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion