tuscl

Most Top 40 Clubs Visited

Friday, December 9, 2005 11:23 AM
Here's a question for a lazy winter Friday afternoon---how many TUSCL Top 40 clubs have you visited? I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I have only been to four... Mons Venus Industrial Strip Brad's Brass Flamingo Big Louie's Two. I know that list is a fraction of the number of clubs visited by the most peripatetic TUSCLer..which one of us is it?

33 comments

• whatevergong82
    19 years ago
    As far as "Most Top 40 Clubs Visited", I've been to these: Treasures (Houston, Tx) and Flight Club (Inkster, Michigan). Both are very worth their reputation, though expensive. I've been to Landing Strip in MI, and its a nice second tier titty bar, way above any Deja Vu or local dive, but below the Top 40 Clubs.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    Now that the Out House in Lawrence, Kansas has graduated into the Top 40, I've been to 2, with Brad's in Indy the other one.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I just did, Shadow. If you don't get it, you can always e my displayed account, rightonpeople(at)yahoo(dot)com.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat: Too bad it was the only chance I had to get away. Did you get my email last week? I was hoping you might be there anyway. Maybe next time I'm in the area. I'm there about twice a year lately, so maybe in the spring. Great club!
  • ArtCollege
    19 years ago
    Now I feel like a perv with 5: Mons, Baby Dolls, Rick's, Fox's and Mitchell Brothers. But how can a guy be in Orlando on business without driving out to the famous Mons? Also 2 on the bottom forty; sometimes a guy is desperate. But the DV Tukwila was really hot about 10-15 years ago. First time I got really happy in a club.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Tuesday night, I moved into a tie with LonelyExec with 12 by visiting Platinum Plus in Columbia, SC (not the reason I went). I've also been to Nepals and the Landing Strip in Romulus, MI.
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    Rick's (Seattle, WA) - 1991, 1992 & 2000 Fox's (Tacoma, WA) - March 2005
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    based on todays lists 12/14 i have visited the following: Top 40 Tootsies, Mons Venus, Plat Plus Columbia, Ybor, Pure Plat Ft Laud, Plat Plus Memphis and Bare Assets Bottom 40 Puss&Boots, Club Harem, Baby Dolls, Lady Godiva II and Club Odyssey
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I've missed the thrill of visiting any bottom 40 clubs but I'm sure I've been to several places that are just as bad. I've also been to Nepal's which should be in the top 40, as should Club Risque in Bristol, PA, and Filly Corral Showbar in Smithton, PA. I'd also consider putting The Pleasure Dome and Partners Tavern there. Those are my favorite PA clubs and they're all quite good in their own way. If I lived close enough to Partners to be a regular I'm sure it would quickly become my favorite, but it's a bit trying for an out-of-towner because there are so many regulars and they get most of the action.
  • LonelyExec
    19 years ago
    where i have been: 9. Mons Venus Tampa, Florida 11. Flight Club Inkster, Michigan 13. Platinum Plus Columbia, South Carolina 13. Hip Hugger Kokomo, Indiana 18. Ybor Strip Tampa, Florida 20. Play House Romulus, Michigan 22. Landing Strip Etobicoke, Ontario 25. Industrial Strip Hammond, Indiana 26. Scarlett's Toledo, Ohio 28. The Masters Club Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 28. Brad's Brass Flamingo Indianapolis, Indiana 35. Platinum Plus Memphis, Tennessee
  • LonelyExec
    19 years ago
    sorry to say that I have been to these shit holes as well 1. Woody's Islamorada, Florida 2.07 14 6. Silk-N-Lace Indianapolis, Indiana 2.4 5 19. Texas Jays Kenosha, Wisconsin 3 8 37. Deja Vu Showgirls Lake Station, Indiana 3.69 8
  • LonelyExec
    19 years ago
    chitown.. I read your posts quite a bit. I too live in ILL and frequnet many clubs around the nation. Been to Brad's many times. You must go visit the Detroit area and check out the Flight Club. You will like it.
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    Chandler:Based on current T40 crop:(8) Tootsies, Ricks, GABC(AK), Mons Venus, PP/SG, BradsBF, Fox's, and The Lodge. HOWEVER.... I've been to 4 additional clubs that have been T40 rated at some time in recent past: SRI, 2001, Sugars(Austin TX), and Landing Strip(Detroit).
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    I've been to a few clubs that have dropped out of the Top 40. Cheetah III, Nepal's, and the Landing Strip in Romulus, MI come to mind.
  • nj_pete
    19 years ago
    Been to Playhouse Lounge in Burlington, Seductions in Niagra falls, Ybor Strip in Tampa (years ago on that one) and Industrial Strip. HAve not been in any of the bottom 40.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I have been to two of the bottom 40.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I want to revise my remarks. I'm almost certain I've been to Treasures in Houston, but it might have had a different name. I hit almost everything on Westheimer when I was there. Anybody know some history of this club? Of course it might have sucked, so if you visit a top 40 club when it is not in the top 40, have you visited it? Also I have had many opportunities to visit Mitchell Bros, but frankly I am not keen to step into a brothel with a reputation as almost a clip joint.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chitown, I think the answer is that the really terrible clubs get very few reviews, nobody goes there. Am I the only one here who has been to the #1 rated club, Playhouse Lounge? Personally I wouldn't put it in the top 10 in the Philly area. I'm curious how the rest of you feel about it, if you've been there. It's OK, especially if your top priority is very high mileage, but other than that it's nothing special
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Between ten of us who have been to any of the Top 40, we have collectively been to 31 of them. I guess we can see why we are on this board... I'm disappointed, though, that nobody has yet posted who has been to Jaguars--El Paso. It sounds like a really good club, with lots of potential for Latinas, and is consistently in the Top 10. I'm also interested in the fact that nobody has yet posted as having been to Treasures, which seems to trade places regularly with Playhouse, Burlington, for Number 1. In fact, no response yet for four of the Top Ten. An inquiry on methodology...Founder requires eight reviews for a club to get in the Top 40, which makes sense as far as the representativeness of the reviews...a club isn't going to go to number one because the only guy to review it happened to get a bj on his first visit. Why no such requirement to put a club in the bottom group, to prevent one bad visit from damning a club? Just a question.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    To my shame, none. I think the list varies a bit as ratings change, and there are some Houston clubs I've visited that might pop on the list every so often (Rick's and Centerfolds). I still plan to do a Niagra Falls trip next time I'm in that area.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    I've been to 3 of the Bottom 40 clubs. All 3 deserve to be in that ignominious list.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I have also been to Club Cabar'et in the Peoria area, that slipped off the list about two weeks ago after someone issued the coup de grace with a "2" rating. Three months ago it was no. 13, and it gradually faded away, deservedly so. I came to understand the true meaning of "cognitive dissonance" when Club Cabar'et was at 13, and Favorite Club was 35. (By the way, Chandler, the extraneous apostrophe in the name further exemplifies my opinions about that club) I would like it if Founder would add the rank of every club as part of its general information, the way that [view link] does for books.
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    Only 4 here -- Tootsies, Mons Venus, Scarlett's of Toledo and Mario's. I'm with you Yoda... Mario's is good but I prefer MG.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I'm hoping Minnow can take the crown from me. This seems more like his specialty.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I've been to 3 of the Bottom 40. And lived to tell.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    Only one, Brad's. I have as many Bottom 40 clubs visited as Top 40, with 1, the Deja Vu in Lake Station, IN, although that was a long time ago and maybe shouldn't count.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    7: Tootsie's Cabaret, Mons Venus, Platinum Plus-Columbia, Ybor Strip, Play House, Pure Platinum Solid Gold, Bare Assets.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Currently two for me, PP Columbia and the Masters. There was one that dropped off. There's another I think I could help get on the top 40 but I'm not interested in making the place more crowded than it already gets. I would actually like it if PP Columbia was not standing room only on the weekends. I think it was last year when I was there. Definitely a hearing protection required club (no joking either about that). You have to protect your ears from the ear piercing music and the DJ rattling his mouth. I think he must be training the DJ in Greenville because that music is getting too loud as well.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Only 2: Rick's and Foxs. Looks like a trip to Texas might be in order for me. (Perhaps I could also meet up with the legendary RL while I was there.)
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Only one, Marios II in Webster Mass. Though I enjoy the club it's not nealy the best time to be had in my area. This is one of the reasons I don't pay much attention to ratings or lists.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Chandler, I am not worthy.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    My resume, with years visited in parentheses: 3. Sundowner - Niagara Falls, Ontario ('95, '97, '04) 8. Mons Venus - Tampa, Florida ('94, '95) 10. Flight Club - Inkster, Michigan ('97, '00, '05) 12. Hip Hugger - Kokomo, Indiana ('96, '00,'04-05) 13. Cowboys - Lexington, Kentucky ('05) 20. Play House - Romulus, Michigan ('94-97) 21. Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theater - San Francisco, California ('96) 25. Industrial Strip - Hammond, Indiana ('00) 28. Brad's Brass Flamingo - Indianapolis, Indiana ('05) 32. Seductions International Gentlemen's Club - Niagara Falls, Ontario ('95, '97, '04) 34. Platinum Plus - Memphis, Tennessee ('97) 11, I'm embarassed to say.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Four for me also: Mons Venus (although it was so long ago it probably shouldn't count), Brad's, Industrial Strip, and Playhouse Lounge. I've also been to several other places that belong in the top 40.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion