tuscl

Under age strippers

As most already know Cheaters in Providence got busted for hiring a 15 year old dancer who was providing extras.
I know that Cheaters was a dive in every sense and they were busted a few years ago for a 16 year old.
I had stopped in a week or so before the bust to look around and had written a review. I did not get a private dance as the talent level was low and scary. I did not see any dancers that looked underage and have no idea if the girl was working that night.
My question is two fold:
1} While I personally do not like dancers that look under age and prefer women not girls. How do you tell if a dancer is under 18. I do not patronize AMP's because of age and slavery issues. If an owner of a club is given government issued ID that shows a girl to be over 18 what recourse do the authorities have against him for her just being a dancer.
2} What would happen to you if you unknowingly were getting a dance from an underage dancer when a bust occurred (assuming you were doing nothing illegal) I am also aware that Rhode Island outlawed prostitution in 2009. (it was legal indoors from 1980 until 2009)
It was common knowledge that Cheaters was a cheap place to get off. $35 room rent plus tip for the girl. I think they do it that way for "plausible deniability" since they are renting a private dance room and do not "know" what the dancers do in there. The dancers are "independent contractors".

15 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    How do you know that the hottie dancing with you at a regular night club is over 18? You don't. You take her word for it. That's a tough question. I don't have an answer for #2.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Can you imagine asking a stripper to see her I.D. You have to take her word for it and I believe that the courts would be on your side if she misrepresented herself.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    This thread is an alutard lightning rod.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    @Dougster: Just thought I would toss out the topic for discussion to see what popped.
    When I read about the bust and Cheaters immediately being removed from this site I thought why would anyone risk that especially since he got busted before. If the cop who her saw suspected she was underage how could the owner/manager not suspect and run away from her.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    " If the cop who her saw suspected she was underage how could the owner/manager not suspect and run away from her."

GREED!!!
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    I take their word for it.

But basically I don't ask they don't tell.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    A couple years ago a 14-year-old was found stripping in All Stars in Detroit. I wondered how no one questioned if she was under age.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The same reason...GREED!!!
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I'm not sure about the lap dance where nothing illegal is going on but... A couple months ago in Denver there was an under age girl posting on backpage that got busted. She is now testifying against all her johns. Not knowing her age is no longer a defence if paying for sex
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Most likely those johns will be sentensed to very long sentenses or even life as a child molester
  • thenumber10
    11 years ago
    Cheaters and probably all the other RI clubs think they can get away with anything. For the most part cops don't care. Hell I bet they never would have gone looking into Cheaters if the girl hadn't been missing from Boston and part of a traffickers web. There is no licensing for dancers here in RI, and the proposed criminal background check law the city is thinking about for SC's probably wouldn't deter them either.

That being said, Cheaters was a dump and arguably the seediest club in the city of Providence. It was basically every bad Hollywood cliche rolled into one.

As far as knowing they are of legal age or the cops are not going to come busting through the doors anytime soon? Those are risks of our hobby. Think she looks too young? Pass on the dance. Don't want to get caught in a raid? Stay away from the trouble clubs like Cheaters. About all you can do.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    Reminds me of a dive bar/club in downtown Chicago in the 1990s called Upfront. Was bikini only with lap dances along a wall in the main room. One day I noticed a younger dancer crying on another girl's shoulder. About 2 weeks later I read they lost their liquor license and closed their doors after being caught employing a 15-year-old dancer.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    15 18 what's the difference

about 10-20 years in state prison
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Like Number10 said. If she looks too young, pass. Who needs prison time.
  • canny
    11 years ago
    Every strip club I know about requires an ID before they'll let someone work there and they keep a copy of the ID. Fake ID's anyone?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion