Wildcatting: A Stripper's Guide to the Modern American Boomtown

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
A stripper writes about dancing in Williston, North Dakota.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/susanelizabethsh…

My favorite line: "There's Diablo Cody winning an Oscar, and here I am in Williston, 31 years old and shaking my ass for guys with dollar bills in their mouths. What the fuck am I doing with my life?"

7 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I'm digging the read. Paying for services in gift cards...that takes the cake. What's next? Household chores for lap dances.?
  • bvino
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the post. Interesting that she can write so well but still repeats herself like any other stripper.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    Great link! Thanks!
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    Well done. Her writing style does remind me of Diablo Cody.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    Interesting article. One of my faves spent a week in Williston in 2011. She said it was fun and she made good money there.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Sounds like the local Walmart needs to offer housing and higher pay for workers. Then of course charge a fortune for everything on the store shelves or whatever the market dictates. If Walmart can't do it, it seems like someone could make a good profit doing it if the workers most crave a place to buy things. I'm surprised no one has figured out a way or maybe it has limited profit potential only serving boom towns.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    The dancer I talked to said she left more broke than when she arrived. Plus it was a two day trip just one way to get there by car. I guess she didn't do any after hours work.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion