tuscl

Another rant from an old white guy

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I was in the club late Friday night, near closing, when I heard several of the top earners say they "only made $300".

I realize things aren't what they used to be. Prior to the 2008/2009 recession, weekend earnings for many dancers regularly approached $800-$1000 in the nicer clubs. Then times got tough in Michigan

Still, $300 for a 5 to 6 hour shift? Not too shabby. If the worked 5 nights, that puts them around $75k. Assuming that's relatively "tax free", that's like making 6-figures in a big girl job.

On top of that, most get large EIC tax refund checks. Free Medicaid for the kids, and food stamps. Just shaking my at the sense of entitlement these young women have.

God, I wish I was a young hot female.

18 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    motor: "If the worked 5 nights, that puts them around $75k"

I think that's the point though. They have to average that with other nights which won't be as busy. That and drug habits can be outrageously expensive.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I feel that most people will complain about how much they make. We've discussed before that most people will do the minimum required of them within the workplace yet want the maximum that they can earn.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor,

Drugs ain't cheap!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "and drug habits can be outrageously expensive."

You know the old saying about assuming. :)
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    My ex-ATF was always broke, but she made good money at the club and from me.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    Lots of dancers support deadbeat roommates, mine included. I don't know why this is so common, but I wish my ATF would support me!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Lots of dancers support deadbeat roommates"

Due to bad self image? Loneliness?
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    The more you have the more you spend.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Maybe they should join the fast food workers walk out and try to get $12/hr.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "The more you have the more you spend"

Yes, that is very often true.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Lol shadow
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Jist put a dick in their mouth
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    "… only made $300 …"

This is why one should not have too much sympathy when these dancers try to pull on our PL strings w/ their tales of financial woes.
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    Amen, Papi^^^
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If that was before tip out and any fines, that might leave her 225 or 250. If she only worked 3 days a week or if she only made a profit much less on other nights, that might mean a weekly income of 750 to 1000 a week. Or maybe only 48k a year which might get spent as soon as she has it. I could imagine a stripper not having much money.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    oh txtittyfag, I click on your profile just to read your comments...you are quickly becoming my favorite member/comedian on this site!
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc,

When did "entry level jobs" become careers? I think My first job was selling Christmas trees at my father's store. I could make 5-$10 a DAY! If everyone didn't know me, it would likely have been a dollar or two.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    You're in Detroit, though, right? And from what I understand extras are the norm so... Uh... $300 sounds pretty terrible for what those girls probably had to do to make it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion