tuscl

Who Started the Trash TV Trend

I blame Jerry springer for starting the trash tv reality show trend like: Keeping up with the bitches (Kardashians), Morey Povitch, Pregnant and Dating, Bridezillas, Jersey Shore, "Here comes honey boo boo" where an fat, bratty, 8 year old self proclaimed "beauty queen" shits her pants on tv and it supposed to be funny (advertisement clip). They have built a show around these disgusting people. I recently witnessed another advert clip for the boo boo show where the rotten toothed slug father was "gonna git him some a dat cuz it his birthday" (from the 400lbs baby momma when it git back from the Wal-Mart where she be ridin the fat people scooter cuz twinkeys are back)and one of the teenage girls saws to him "do'n make to many babies". Do people really watch this shit and do advertisers actually pay good money to put this shit out. They advertise that crap everywhere just like the Kardashians. I find all of them stupid. I would never go near go near Kim K unless she was gagged and maybe not even then. They only redeeming value for the Kardashians is that the women are decent looking but all are such spoiled whiney bitches that if you should watch with the sound off. Now the producers of the junk have figured out they don't even have to put good looking people on the screen!! The list is endless. Maybe Jerry hit it right in "Ringmaster" some people will do anything to get on TV and its like a car crash to some people they can't stop themselves from watching.
Who do you think started trash TV

21 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    Jerry Springer is probably the right answer.

But I'll take it back to Phil Donahue. He was the tampon-wearing Communist sympathizer that started the modern era of daytime talk shows.

After Phil it was a succession of one upmanship. Oprah, Sally Jesse Raphael, Rikki Lake. Until it really spun out of control with Jerry.

Gotta love the fact that Steve got his own show. How cool was that
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Well, there's two guys on this site that would find this stuff to be awesome. "Meta" even.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Who cares?
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Television numbers are down. I think it is obvious who the audience being left behind is... while others are heading to video games and interacting on the internet - the stupid couch potatoes are in charge of the TV these days. I just never realized how stupid they really were...
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Motor I forgot about Phillis Donahue. He started in Dayton OH and was on local TV where I lived when I was young before he went national. Even then he was a wimpy little fairy. He/it started the "you must hate yourself to feel good" genre talk trend.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Merv Griffin you idiots.
  • how
    11 years ago
    Morton Downey, Jr. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton_Down…
    Howard Stern
    Springer
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I forgot about Morton Downey Jr
  • mrrock
    11 years ago
    I'd have to go with MTV's Real World as the start. Jerry Springer was still a talk show format like Dinahue and Oprah. The "reality tv" trend really didn't get going until Real World.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    But Merv created "Jeopardy"

He gets bonus points for that
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    I blame The Monkees.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Juice crew started it all
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    It all began when juicebox got involved in developing tv shows.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Lol. Londonguy
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I personally think Donahue started it and Morton Downey Jr. cranked it up a notch before Springer perfected it.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Morton Downey was great! Springer started off normal but then went to the dark side. He was the Mayor of Cincinnati. What a fall.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I make my GF feel like a dolt when Jeopardy rolls around,all she does is mumble.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Love me some Stern.
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    Peter Finch.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    “I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!”
  • how
    11 years ago
    How about Chuck Berris?
    He is quite a character, and surely infiltrated TV with some subversive stuff. How he got away with it was clever.
    Also, was he a spook/wetworker? Watch George Clooney's movie "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" for a humorous take from Berris' autobiography.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion