tuscl

Tijuana Talk

All this talk about TJ and Hong Kong has going back down memory lane. For all intensive purposes, Adelita's was the first "strip club" I ever went to. From that earth shattering moment, my life and whole world view were forever changed.
I remember going to TJ as a kid, either driving in or walking over the bridge the taxi cabbing it the rest of the way. I remember long drives to Rosarito, Ensanada, Tecate, etc. I never had a bad time in TJ, even when the Federales shook us down. It just goes with the territory.
I remember when we'd bring blankets and sleeping bags and flat out just sleep on the beach. Nobody bothered you. When I tell squares my Baja stories, you should see their reactions. All they can imagine in their lea brains is narco-violence. Myself, on the other hand, know better. I imagine cervesas, street tacos, crazy cabbies, and muñecas sensual. I remember having no money left for the can ride back to the border and having to hoof it back to the States.

All in all, TJ and Baja have been good to me and I hope their good to you too. This is SlickSpic and I hope you all have Dos XX Dreams and Fish Taco wishes.

8 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Sorry for the typos. Damn I-Phone.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Why would anyone be afraid of Mexican violence? Squares.

I mean it's not like public officials are routinely assassinated and civilians kidnapped and/or murdered.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Slick - read my article on remembering Tijuana. I also spent many weekends in Ensenada. Sometimes camping out at the beach. Did you know that the Margarita was invented by a bar tender in Hussongs Cantina in 1941.

Also back in the early 70's my best friend and I drove the Baja in a VW dune buggy before they built the road. Then took the ferry to Mazatlan and drove done to Acapulco. Then back up on the main land side, Stopping off in Puerto Vallareta, Cullican, Hermosillo, etc. It was a fun 2 week trip.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Shadow, you really are the most interesting man in the world.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I been to tj once with the ex wife so no strip clubs. I stepped overr a dead guy then some bar tender fucked me up with a hell of a couple margeritas. Made it back to san diego somehow
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I went to encinada once and saw a big blow hole
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I need to.go.......slick good original post bro
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion