tuscl

Family Fun Day

I have one more workplace related topic so please don't lynch me, beat me to death, quarter me, behead me, and leave my head on a stick in a soccer stadium.

Family Fun Day-For many of us who work for major corporations, once a year or maybe twice a year, they have a Family Fun Day. It's a day where the employees and their families get to hang out together and have fun, away from work. Sometimes it's a picnic at a park. Other times it's at Disneyland, 6 Flags or some other sort of amusement park.
There are many strip clubs that are chains or maybe franchises. Deja Vu and Spearmint Rhino come to mind. I wonder if they have a Family Fun Day for there employees. If they do, I bet it's fun. Anybody?

18 comments

• goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    God I'm glad my office doesn't do this. I would be much more excited to go if there were going to be a ton of strippers there tho
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    My buddies mom works for Verizon and when we were young, 6 Flags Magic Mountain was the shit on Family Day-No lines, rides over and over again.

PS-If you go on roller coasters while shrooming, ooh wee! Good times.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I work for a major company. In the last 4 years, I would estimate I've been with my boss a total of 4-5 hours, tops. Guys I work with locally, I may go well over a week without seeing them. I like it that way.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Are you posting this on company time?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    When I was in the USAF stationed in Japan back in'65 they held a yearly duty section party. Your tax dollars put up half the cost of the party. They put us on an AF bus and took us out to a remote transmitter site. Once there we went into local club for the party. It started with unlimited drinks. Then a steak dinner and then the entertainment which consisted of two girls putting on a sex show.

Oh wait a minute. You said family fun. Forget what I posted. :)
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Glad you enjoyed our taxes! I'd rather pay for that any day than an IRS spoof video to be presented at an overpriced conference
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Shit Shad,wish you told us you were USAF,would have given you a total "Ten Hut".
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    That AF entertainment likely cost 1/1000th of what these assholes spend on a lunch meeting. The civilian governmentcrats go to 5 star resorts, hire $2500/ night hookers, brainwash employees that unless you hate conservative and waste as much money as possible you are not doing your job properly and wastes billions every year on frivolous crap.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    I work for a multinational, we don't have any sort of large organized activities. Our local office will periodically organize some sort of activity - like a trip to a sports game or something, but its not managerially sponsored or anything.

I did have a conversation about that kind of things with a SR dancer at one point though. I can't remember how it came up, but the end result was that they don't do any of that stuff and as far as she knows they don't have any guidance from corporate to do so either. She said its very high school ish with a little cliques and some being actual friends, but a lot of real genuine hate towards each other; much more so than what she saw in her admittedly limited experience in the corporate world.

The smaller clubs do have similar events though, charity golf tourneys with employees and customers, poker runs, etc. I've not participated in any but have heard they are entertaining.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I work for a large company and they organize these types of things several times a year at different venues.

I spend more than enough time with dopey coworkers. The last thing I wanna do is see them and their brood on off hours.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    My company has a company picnic. The last few years have been at the local baseball park. They used to have it at one of the golf courses around here, but the golf course complained once and that was it.

I can't possibly imagine any strip club doing this for their strippers.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Back in the early '80s I worked for a S&L that was owned by two real estate developers. They spent over $150,000 one year for an employee party. The dinner was catered by a 5 star restaurant and entertainment included a big name band and Bob Hope in person. A few month's later the government showed up, shut the S&L down and both owners ended up in Federal Prison. After that I quit going to company parties.

I might make an exception for a strip club employee party.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Anything involving bringing family to work is not fun.
  • Dain
    11 years ago
    Good idea, SS! What I'd like to see in a strip club is for the dancers to participate in "bring your younger sister" night. Or "cousin," since Hispanic and ebony girls are often friends with their cousins.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    lol I'm with sclvr. I see enough of my coworkers 5-6 days a week. I don't want to hang with them at Disneyland.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Tumble,

Not this time. :)
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Club!Say what?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    tumble,

"Are you posting this on company time?"

me,