tuscl

Are urban dancers (of all races) the future of strip clubs.

I thought it was ending. But now I must confess that it seems that rap/urban ghetto booty, booty poppin and thug life seems to have taken over strip clubs more than I was ready to admit.

I already rarely spend money of dancers. And it seems that any time a good looking dancer who isn't all urban and shit is in a club, guys are all over her. And I'm left with some urban style dancer coming up to me like I actually would want some that shit's company.

There aren't that many thugs in the club anymore. But the recent crop of girls act like there are. Truth is, if american men really liked that shit, this would be a third world country.

34 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I thought it was ending. But now I must confess that it seems that rap/urban ghetto booty, booty poppin and thug life seems to have taken over strip clubs more than I was ready to admit"

Perhaps in the Clubs you frequent. The main & pretty much only evidence I see of this is actually aural - Rap music being played and danced to.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Go to nicer places
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Check out the day shift
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Yeah its pretty much Star Wars bar from here on out.
  • rell
    11 years ago
    ok this topic has alot of racial undertone here that im not feeling.. so you dont like black dancers and black strip clubs?? or a black patrons? i mean my suggestion is to go to a different establishment that might cater to what you like
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Who is "you",Rell.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    You can have hip-hop music with quality booty poppin and shaking without the corresponding thuggish environment.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Are they looking good naked? Do they let me grope and fuck? Then who gives a fuck how "urban" they are?
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Fuck you racist dildo breath
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    The only correct answer here has been go frequent during dayshift. If its all hip-hop and booty popping and shaking then you can count me out. Its probably more of a generational thing. Lots of older black men hate it.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Quit clubbing. Its obviously not for you
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Nickifree I've heard already a bunch of ignorant dumb shit that is hypocritical. Your problem is that clubs are becoming more ghetto/urban. You do realize those words are still two different words. You can he urban from a upper class society durrrr. But anyway, you just admitted there arent thuggish people tuere as much anymore. How can a girl act like thhgs are in the room if there are no thugs there. So if nothing but geeks eere in the club, they're going to pretend that he's holding a glock 9 or something. Going to have to explain that one chuck. And if you havent realzed the prettiest dance, whether "ghetto" or high maitenance, fancy (I'm assuming that's the other other classification your making) is always mobbed by men. That's how it is, are you sure you are well versed in the sc game. And urban girls give better pole dances and put in the extra effort in lap dances than "fancy" girls do. Ghetto girls know the meaning of hard work I.e. high milage.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    How do say someone gave right or wrong answers if your looking for an opinons. Dumb-dumb
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    From some of the comments here it sounds like it still is for me spiderman. Just not where I am now.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I haven't noticed this phenomenon in any of the clubs i have visited. I think you will here Hip-hop in any club and not based on the color of the dancer on stage. Last visit I saw a white girl dance to rap and metal, a black girl dance to two country songs, and a hispanic girl dance to 80's rock. One dancer said the girls pick their own songs. Maybe the stuff your noticing is your club's culture. I never see any thug stuff in clubs I go too.
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    But it is too the point now where it is prevalent. And it has killed two very good clubs in Austin (Rick's and Sugar's). Now it's about to kill the great Yellow Rose.

Out of about a dozen strip clubs in Austin- there's only two good ones left- Perfect 10 and Palazio.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Lol Crazyjoe.

To answer your question I think it's urban music that's the future of strip clubs. I was in a all white dancer club a few weeks ago and all they played was hip hop.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    1). Manhattan is very urban but, for the most part, upscale.

2). If these clubs are changing, that's a sign. Money talks and it seems to be in the direction of hip hop.

3). What straight male doesn't appreciate booty poppin?
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    Me.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Why not? The female ass is amazing! Can't have T&A without the A.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I'll give you credit nickifree, you addressed this in a much more respectful manner than you have in the past.

But this is what I don't get.

"I already rarely spend money of dancers"

Texas is a big state, and although I don't know for sure, I'm assuming there are lots of clubs there. I just don't get how you can rarely find dancers you want to spend money. It just makes you seem very picky.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    With about 90 percent or higher of the dancers in a club, I would much rather see their tits than anything they do that involves shaking their rear. So I usually don't care to see any butt shaking if that is what you call booty poppin. There have been one or two dancers with a nice ass but I can see that from a chair and don't usually get up to the stage to tip them. I believe many dancers are misinformed what some guys like to see. It might be one reason so many people sit in their chairs and don't tip. Well one reason among others.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    @Slick- I love it when dancers pop that booty. If they do that I will be making it rain.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… You can have hip-hop music with quality booty poppin and shaking without the corresponding thuggish environment …”

More the exception than the rule IME – unless your definition of “quality booty poppin and shaking” and different
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Hip- hop music and dancing style is just what is current – so that is what one will find in a club pretty much regardless of ethnicity

I was thinking along the lines of Duo’s statement – “Go to nicer places”

I definitely see a difference in environment b/w the more upscale clubs and the not so upscale (even though most still play hip-hop even if it’s not all the time). I’ve visited various Rick’s chain clubs and always satisfied w/ the vibe/environment.

• ime
    11 years ago
    @papichulo? oh i think you meant slick

i'm all for booty poppin
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    i'm all for booty poppin too – it’s just than IME; the serious booty poppin often goes hand in hand with a good amount of thugishness in the crowd
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Spiderman that whoe
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I love both kinds of music...hip hop and gangster rap
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    It;s true, I rarely spend money on dancers these days. They seem worthless to me. It's like the people who do not go to strip clubs- they would ask why on earth would you go to such a place.

I guess now I'm more like them. I just don't like the women in strip club these days. For me there was always an emotional attachment. I think most men who frequent strip clubs had an emotional attachment.

The attachment if more about validation, whether I won't to admit it or not. And the rap/hip-hop environment is more about just being a careless thug than anything else. That grates me.

So when rap/hip-hop scene became prevelant. It devalued the dancers in my point of view. And if the strippers are devalued, they become less appealing to me.

There is more to this game than just stripping. A lot of dancers these day s think that it what it is all about. There's more to it emotionally than that.
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    In short- there are over a million women in this country. And I'm obsessing over the hundred of less appealing (I want a thug) women whow can't make a living without stripping. I'm catering to the worst type of women on the planet.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Sounds like they got their priorities confused as well as their cultural. I suggest you seriously look up the history behind rap/hip-hop. Sounds like you've replaced facts with bad streotypes nicki. And as many people on this site has said (its weird you say this while being a member for two years already), you dont go to the club to fall in love or have serious emotional attachment. And if the "thuggish" music is turning off of the emotions, well imo that's a good thing. Lets you realize its all about the money, no love found.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    What's the difference between the rap-gangsta-hip hop culture and the hard rock-biker-burnout-culture that us basically the same on all thug levels. One girl slides down a pole to "Cherry Pie" while another pops her cheeks to "Hoochie Mama".
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    To each their own! That does NOT mean everyone has to like whatever, nor does it make anyone racist or anything else if they don't!

I don't care for black dancers, BFD! That doesn't mean I dislike black people any more than saying I also don't care for Honda motorcycle means I dislike motorcycles!!! Get a clue!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion