tuscl

60's

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
What are some thangs from this time period that you just loved ?

13 comments

• jackslash
    11 years ago
    Sex, drugs, rock & roll
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Best described as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good
    Absolutely the best damn music ever made.
    The British Invasion Groups. Motown. Bob Dylan. San Francisco acid rock. California surfer music. Such diversity. Not everything sounded alike, like today's rap crap.

The Bad
    I wasn't even 10 years old yet, but I still can remember my family's first trip to Florida. We drove thru Alabama and Georgia and can remember seeing restrooms and drinking fountains marked "For Coloreds Only". Quite a shock for northerners.

The Ugly

Viet Nam

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    It's like that old saying goes. "If you remembered the 60's, you weren't there, man."
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I totally forgot-Sandy Koufax and Bob Gibson pitched.
    The two greatest pitchers to ever step on the mound.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Motorhead I dig that man
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Slick

Bob Gibson is the man. I probably first discovered baseball as an 8-9 year old when the Cardinals were playing in the 1967 and 1968 World Series. Gibby was as dominant as a pitcher as there ever was. Mr. Intimidation.

I knew less about Koufax.

Gibson had an incredible ERA of 1.12 in '68

The dominance of pitchers such as Gibson and Koufax led to the lowering of the pitcher's mound in 1969 which has led to more offense in the game.

Prior to '68 the "legal" height of the mound wad 15 inches. But with Koufax and Drysdale pitching for LA, the groundskeepers at Dodger Stadium kept it about 20"

Or so is the rumor...lol
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Slick

Bob Gibson is the man. I probably first discovered baseball as an 8-9 year old when the Cardinals were playing in the 1967 and 1968 World Series. Gibby was as dominant as a pitcher as there ever was. Mr. Intimidation.

I knew less about Koufax.

Gibson had an incredible ERA of 1.12 in '68

The dominance of pitchers such as Gibson and Koufax led to the lowering of the pitcher's mound in 1969 which has led to more offense in the game.

Prior to '68 the "legal" height of the mound wad 15 inches. But with Koufax and Drysdale pitching for LA, the groundskeepers at Dodger Stadium kept it about 20"

Or so is the rumor...lol
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Moto-I met Drysdale as kid in the 80's. Funny how one of the meanest competitors was also one of the nicest people I've met. That was back when Union 76 gas stations use to give away free Dodger memorabilia.

When we were kids, we'd tell people that we were Steve Garvey's illegitimate kids.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I saw Gibson in '68, the year of The Impossible Dream" for the Red Sox. Got thrown out of Fenway Park for hanging a sign from the bleachers: RUSS GIBSON FOR PRESIDENT. Russ was the backup catcher, but from Fall River, MA
    I went to the 1964 U S Grand Prix in Watkins Glen, NY. I bought a 1956 VW bug and drove nonstop from MA to Wauwatosa, WI. Chasing pussy. Lots of music, partying, chasing tail ( and catching a lot) no responsibilities. Lost 2 HS buddies in Vietnam Nam. Had friends return from the war totally fucked up. I attended a Bob Dylan concert at Brown University with 23 others. Lots of meet & greet with the singer. Then saw him go electric at Newport. Saw Hendrix at Boston Garden on acid ( I think) . A time of great turmoil and fun.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Gawker, we need to hang out one day. On my tab.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I went to school with this cocky smart ass and whipped his ass in the 100 yard dash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bailey_…
  • rockie
    11 years ago
    Impossible Dream Season was 1967. Bob Gibson won 3 games in the 1967 World Series, putting the Red Sox to rest. Gibson is the most dominant right handed pitcher I've ever seen. 7 Wins/2 Losses/9 Complete Games in World Series play. Cardinals were back in the World Series in "68" and lost to the Tigers in 7 games.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    See what I mean about the sixties! All these years I thought it was '68.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion