tuscl

Do you fold your bills when stage tipping?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Last Sunday night I had dinner with my son, daughter and 5 yo grand daughter at the Out Back Steak House. At the end of the meal the 5 yo handed our waitress a $1 bill for a tip. The waitress folded the bill in half lengthwise. My daughter caught that and said "I guess we know where you have been". We all got a laugh out of that.

In most of the clubs I go to, you stage tip the entertainers but placing the bill in her garter. Folding the bill first seems to make that easier.

15 comments

• goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Yeah, I do that so it's not flopping around...

So your kids know the extent of your clubbing?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Yes they do and my daughter even had to tell the waitress. LOL.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Only a $1 tip...she must not have done a good job
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I don't.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I do
  • RossVa
    11 years ago
    If I am tipping a girl on stage, it's usually at least a $5, more if I am interested. I always fold my bill lengthwise twice, and when placing it in a garter belt, or g string, fold it around almost into a knot. I do this so that the dancer will have to make more of an effort when removing it, and will remember who it was from. It makes the bill stand out a little more from the other $1 tips.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Shadow - I find it interesting that your family has knowledge of your hobby. I've considered hinting at it, but felt the downside with my daughters and their husbands (ages 36 to 41) outweighed any benefit. One of my faves is a single mom of a 4 month old & is finding it tough. My daughter had a trunk of baby clothes, barely used. I said a friend's daughter was in tough shape & could use them. She packed them up & never asked a question. Maybe she does know I haven't been playing cards a couple of nights per week?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    gawker - I won't say that they approve. It's more like acceptance. They have both been to strip clubs. He once closed the infamous Memphis Platinum Plus 3 nights in a row with me. She Sells perfumes and is always giving me perfumes to pass out to my favorites. I have 3 bottles in my trunk right now just waiting for the right stripper to come along.

But she is protective. She wanted to run a back ground check on my ATF. I talked her out of it.
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    I do and actually I will sometimes fold a small origami figure if I think that the dancer will appreciate it however 98% of the time it's simply folded in half.

• crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I fold it and fold it and fold it and they think its full of coke
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    Alucard, you don't tip or you don't fold your bills?
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    Is it correct that waitresses etc are usually tipped 10-15% for good service?
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Waitresses in a restaurant london? Generally 15-20% for good. 10-15% if it was fair.

For a cocktail waitress, I usually tip a flat fee. Either a $1 or $1.50 to avoid change.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Sometimes.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    your daughter is HYSTERICAL. I bet that waitress felt embarrassed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion