tuscl

Migratory Strippers?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
I know that strippers often travel to take advantage of major sporting and political events (e.g., Super Bowl, national conventions). But is there also a more seasonal migration of strippers? I ask because I've encountered 5 strippers on my last three visits to Detroit area strip clubs who were from Texas and one from Florida. All claimed to be temporarily working in Michigan. Seasonal migration to nice summer weather or an unexpected benefit of stricter enforcement in Texas?? Or none of the above?

18 comments

• rickdugan
    11 years ago
    It is pretty common. Clubs in places like FL and parts of TX slow down a LOT during the late spring and summer months. Detroit seems to be a natural destination for TX gals as it is also in the middle of the country, just as NYC, Boston and Philly are natural destination for FL dancers who wish to migrate with the snow birds.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I've run into a few of these and my policy is to avoid them. Here today and gone tomorrow is a breeding ground for ROBs. They are not interested in cultivating regulars.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Vegas has lots if these birds. Experience had taught me avoidance. I'll be in Vegas this weekend. I'll stick to hooking up with Midwest chicks on vacation.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    To elaborate on Slick's post, January through April is the prime convention season in Las Vegas. Lots of dancers flock to Vegas during that time. Like Slick, I prefer the off season. I usually went to Las Vegas in May or November.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    The rare times that I have wangled an OTC event in the black hole of Alberta SCs it has always been with a touring dancer from British Columbia, Ontario, or Quebec.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Ugh. Vegas. So many LA dancers used to take the Southwest Airlines red eye on Friday nights to Vegas that it was nicknamed the Stripper Express.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Do they follow bird routes?
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Yeah, my friends and I hit Myrtle Beach during golf season and I think we're gonna do Vegas sometime this year.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I've flown on a few of those flights sclvr, good times, much better than flying with a bunch of conventioneers :)

You might be right Shadow, but I've had some great fun with migrant strippers.
  • Experimental
    11 years ago
    Many of the clubs in southern MN, Iowa, Dakotas are made up of primarily traveling strippers, all year round.
    Some are ROBs, no doubt, but I've had mostly good experiences. They are usually more fun than the local strippers.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    During Derby in May and the Farmers convention in February, the percentage of out of town strippers goes way up. Most of them aren't worth the time to talk to.
  • grand1511
    11 years ago
    One of my past faves here in Minneapolis would go missing on fall weekends. She finally explained to me there was a club out in the middle of nowhere in South Dakota that would only open weekends during pheasant season. With absolutely nothing else to do after dark there, I guess the place was jammed every night and the money just kept on flowwing. I think she referred to it as her Christmas shopping plan.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    Yeah, there are a lot of seasonal strippers around here. Clubs slow way down in the summer or pick up in the winter, depending on your POV. We get girls who come down in winter, and girls who bail in summer. To a lesser extent, we do get some summertime only locals who have seasonal "real jobs"

I treat them w/ caution; as SC said there is a higher possibility of hitting a ROB, but since they care even less about their jobs than local strippers their disregard for club norms/rules can work in my favor. High risk/high reward... A surprising amount are pretty regular, for example they leave after Memorial day and come back before Halloween every year.

I can't put a percentage on it, but its pretty normal in these parts.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    It's a shame they have to move to harvest money
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Friday night flights out of Burbank, stripperlocity!
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    lol Slick
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    In my area, there's always some strippers who travel around, but it doesn't seem to be based on the seasons, or any obvious pattern. I got favorites who will travel, but I think it's mostly done whenever they get bored with their regular club.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I wasn't thinking about it but I know a dancer who recently returned from working at Myrtle Beach. I was just talking the other day to someone that the hotel rates should have jumped up at the beach. Boom, she's back in Greenville. Works like clockwork. I know of some dancers who moved to Myrtle permanently but I guess they moved on or I missed them last time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion