tuscl

Anyone ever experience a lot of static electricity in a club?

I told one dancer I used to feel shocks when touching the tip rail and dancers on stage. Then I said it all went away a few months ago. Not more than a few minutes after telling a dancer, I started getting all the juice and shocks back. It still isn't as bad as several months ago. I only seem to have this problem in one club. It's like I'm a human capacitor.

If I could figure out what was causing it, I could really shock some dancers. lol

9 comments

• 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Don't go to a gas station!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    No static electricity but I had a leg cramp during a VIP. Not pleasant but you soldier on.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    NO!
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Dragging your feet as you walk across the carpet to the tip rail can build up a static charge in you. If you don't want the charge, pick up your feet as you walk.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I had that happen one night recently at a club when there was a lightning storm outside. This was at a place with a carpeted floor, so jackslash probably has a point about not dragging the feet as you walk.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Kinetic energy.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    It always happens at the stages at one of the clubs in denver. One dancer told me it had to do with the lighting on the stagea around the tip rail not being grounded properly. Not sure if that is true.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I guess none of these comments would explain how I occassionally get a static charge when I touch the holy water in a church. Sometimes other objects. There is no carpet to walk across in church. I don't rub my feet on the floor in the strip club either. There might be something to it though about the stages not being grounded. The tip rails are along stairs to the stages or up on the stage. I get shocked touching those a lot and also sometimes dancers on stage when I don't touch the metal stair rail first. Other clubs I almost never have an issue. I haven't heard of anyone else getting charged up in the club though. It seems worse during the summer which is more of a mystery.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I got the solution. They must be serving me electric beer. Maybe I should just shock all the dancers and see which one is my most polar opposite. We might have the spark. The biggest shock I noticed was to one who I asked this if anyone else had the problem and she said no, only you. She ddn't believe me. When he went on stage I went to tip her without discharging against the metal rail. She touched my head and I felt and heard the electric charge. Plus I heard her saying you shocked me! lol, It was funny. I should have tried to build up a bigger charge just for her. I haven't tried to get more juice by rubbing the chair or floor.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion