tuscl

How do you make a living?

So in his post about himself (an interesting trend around here recently) Rell reveled that he's in sales and I have to admit that it made me curious in a broader sense to know what y'all do for a living considering that while I have learned that there are ways to club without breaking the bank it's still a fairly expensive hobby.

Having said that I'll step up and disclose that I am in sales and more specifically I sell enterprise software to a very specific vertical market. I'm talking big ticket items resulting in 7 & 8 figure transactions. I've been in sales since I was in high school in the seventies so I have essentially been doing it all of my adult life but I'm by no means the stereotypical salesman. Still I travel a fair amount in my role so that affords me an opportunity to visit clubs all over the country which I like to take advantage of when my financial situation allows.

So how about you. How do you make a living?

42 comments

• ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    IT R&D
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Government pension & consulting
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Retired now, but city planning was my career. I had knowledge of where strip clubs would be allowed. An early project was to write an adult entertainment ordinance for the city I worked for. (My lone TUSCL article comes from my career work.)
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Mechanical engineer.
  • nick2
    11 years ago
    Senior .Net Developer and software arch
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I cause trouble
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I formed a speed metal band in London in 1975
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I pimp all day
    I even pimp in my sleep
    When I wake up
    I smoke a blunt before I eat
  • mayberrywell
    11 years ago
    Sales management
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Few know and fewer will find out, unless a couple of TUSCLers have big mouths. :)
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I'm into human trafficking. Recently I bought txtittyfan's daughter when tittyfan was in need of some cash to pay off a margin debt he incurred shorting treasuries. I sold her off to some pimps in Turkey. After that it was alutard's half-sister.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    11 years ago
    I'm mostly a deckhand on US Flagged commercial vessels: Freighters, Tugs and barges, Petroleum and Liquid Chemical barges. Might ship a couple more seasons but I'm trying to transition my way to a new career ashore.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    I am a horse breeder, and I train horses and riders for a living. I sell brreding rights and so on to make my living. Used to be in the Military but got out when enough money was saved for my start up. Doing pretty well now which is why I started clubbing.
  • Dougsterr
    11 years ago
    I don't have a job. I am unemployed. I collect welfare. My empty and sad days are spent searching for posts like this so that I can write stupid shit about other members. Its all I have in life.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Since I retired 4 years ago, I have been trying to make it as a gigolo but not doing well.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Jack lash lol very nice
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Im a southern baptist pastor as my main job, I invest in the stock market and realestate heavely, and with in this year I just open up a very small grocery store witch is turning profits very well right now....i also like gettting into speculation investments like buying a Nintendo when it first came out keep it in the box for 40 years then sell it to a collector for major returns
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I pimp all day
    I even pimp in my sleep
    When I wake up
    I smoke a blunt before I eat"

Wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

"I'm into human trafficking. Recently I bought txtittyfan's daughter when tittyfan was in need of some cash to pay off a margin debt he incurred shorting treasuries. I sold her off to some pimps in Turkey."

More than likely is TRUE!!

Me? Use your mouse.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    I won a powerball lottery a while back and now I do some beach conservationist work just to keep busy. I gotta keep something going or I'll get too bored with life. A man needs some purpose right? Besides, it's an excuse to live on the beach and spend most of my days outside. Bikinis in the summer time are an added perk.

Believe me?
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    One legged tightrope walker.
  • nj_pete
    11 years ago
    Telecom Project manger and Engineer for a Financial Institution.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Think of me when you fill up your gas tank.

I have spent almost 50 years finding that stuff in some of the world's crappiest places.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Consulting - transportation, shipping, supply chain etc.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    "Wouldn't surprise me if it were true."

Don't be condescending. This is an open forum. Let's be nice.

I'm a pusherman.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    You guys might not know this, but I'm a stripper.

@lionshare SELL ME A HORSE. PLEASE. JUST TAKE MY MONEY AND GIVE ME AN EQUINE FRIEND.
  • Ironcat
    11 years ago
    University Professor
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Sperm donor
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I should invent a sliding device to open a vortex into a parallel Earth and suck everyone in and make it into a tv show. Might be funny.

I'm an underpaid overworked professional.

Just kidding. At times I think I'm like Dilbert.
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    Consultant and Cuniliguist
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Professional Sugar Momma.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    @Duo if you're at all serious, and you want a horse just cause you love horses, you can adopt a homeless horse for whatever it costs to bring it from where it is to where you want to keep it. But you probably want a horse you can ride and is not liable to throw you. You might still be able to get one like that for just the cost of adoption, but experiences of people I know indicate you have to look a gift horse very, very carefully in the mouth. The more expensive horses are the ones that are bred for racing or polo or showjumping and they are the most dangerous to ride. Yours is one tailbone that's way to beautiful to get broken.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Getting a horse is cheap. Keeping it is expensive.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Retired- Made dough by being a distributor of laxatives and toilet paper. Had the foresight to select the best laxatives so that the toilet paper would practically sell itself. Made decent coin for not having to do too much work.
  • Dain
    11 years ago
    This is one of the most interesting threads I've ever seen here! I'm a college teacher.
  • JayJay15
    11 years ago
    I am a superhero.

I decided long ago that I could either work or have a job. I chose to work. Having a job took too much time, and did not leave any time for work.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    @Duomaxwell, some of the things said above are true. Most importantly are space and the means to take care of a horse long term. If you are serious, a local shelter is your best bet.if you just want one in your yard to say Hey ive got a horse, then I would go with a quarter horse. If you want one to ride, you have to live in the right type of area.

I mainly deal with dressage and polo horses because thats where the money is. I have a couple horses for racing but they are too young now. These horses are only used by pros and people ive extensively trained. They are also luxury horses that I put a high price on..

However, if you want one from me, fly into Florida and I can show you around and I am sure we can work something out.

Or if you want me to give you a good redrence to a reputable breeder and trainer in your area pm me and Ill make some calls. I have people in NC that have dealings with Richmond area folks that are in the industry. So at the very least I could steer you in the right direction.

• crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    For real my job is to fix trees
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    crazy,

Do you spay them as well?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ Yeah – we can’t have trees having litters all over the place
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    The jestie-girl as a consultant? I can see it now. "I don't know. Do A. Do B. It doesn't matter. Everything is all messed up either way."
  • D0ugster
    11 years ago
    ^^^ I make hilarious comments about men I'm obsessed over, which nobody else understands. Is it a living? Of course not. But it's my life's mission.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I give the best blow jobs at $500 a pop
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion