tuscl

Floor Hosts: Foes or Facilitators?

15 comments

• Shamrock211
    12 years ago
    Oops. Hit wrong button. But hey, as a Floor Guy it's a relevant question to me.

Do the FH at your club help or hinder you?
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Saying floor guy instead of bouncer is like saying sanitation engineer instead of garbage man. LOL.

To answer your question. The two guys that work days at my favorite club know me well and always greet me with a smile. I don't ask them for anything but I am sure that if I got into it with a dancer they would support my position.
  • Shamrock211
    12 years ago
    I agree. It's all the same.

Nice to hear that about them. Obviously you've either set a good precedent, or tipped them generously.

Either way I applaud you.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    I think they are a good asset. I don't ask for anything like shadow said. They always greet me by name at my favorite club. They also volenteer info sometimes in general conversation about dancers. Good intel sometimes
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    They are little more than furniture to me, neither helping nor hindering.
  • JackKash
    12 years ago
    I've always had positive experiences with the FHs and have even tipped a few. Unfortunately I'm rarely a regular or regular enough to be remembered.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I've had more good experiences with them than bad ones, but most of the time it's no experiences at all.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    There is one floor host who goes around giving out free passes. Helps to foster a relationship with customers and builds long term customers.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I usually get along with them. Don't think it makes much of a difference once way or the other though. Sure they'll probably encourage girls to go see me, but they probably just send all of them to me with no particular discrimination to what types may or may not like.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    They keep it safe. Young guys drinking too much in strip clubs can be troublemakers and the floor guys keep them from causing problems.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Mostly, they're just there.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    Mostly they've seemed OK to be with a couple of exceptions. I'd say the floormen need to cater a little more to the dancers. Like if some dancers put up with being pawed without permission, and some don't, the floormen should should enforce the individual dancer's wishes about that.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    Packers and Movers are as helpful as floor hosts. they serve a purpose.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    Every SC employee is your enemey and a drain on your bag.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    It takes very little to turn the bouncer from worst case (enemy/nuisance) or usual case (furniture) to helpful. In the ancillary clubs that I visit once in a while, I don't particularly bother. But at clubs I go to regularly, I just treat the bouncer like a regular guy -- quick mention of the fights or game yesterday, for example. Some bouncers stay in hardguy mode, so that's that, but many of them are more than happy to talk. If they hang out, we'll offer them a shot. I've had slow days where the bouncer hung out at our table for 15 minutes at a time, shooting the shit.

There's almost no effort needed for this, and frankly, I sometimes enjoy being able to take a few minutes out to have a more testosterone-driven conversation. And the upside is, as I've reported many times: at my regular club, the bouncer comes through the VIP room at least twice per VIP, sometimes as much as once per song. The number of times a bouncer has walked through the VIP when I'm in it, in the past 4 years: exactly zero. Never, not once. The bouncers give me decently accurate stripper info also -- with the realization that a bouncer will talk up whichever dancer is tipping him the most, the fact is, they rarely steer me wrong.

If I had some social anxiety, it might not be worth it. But guy talk is pretty effortless for me, and well worth doing it with the bouncer
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion