tuscl

Off topic, Workers fear they won't be able to retire comfortably

I just saw this on tv.

What they didn't say was the real problem. With Ben Bernanke and the elected democrats spending money like crazy, the real inflation rate last year is like 12%. shadowstats.com can verify. So I work like a dog and get a tiny 2 percent pay increase but lose 10% of my pay due to inflation and 12% of the value of any savings.

Hmmm, worried about retirement? I'm not even thinking that far ahead. I'm wondering at this rate, when I won't have enough money to get by. I do believe Obama will reach his goal to have gas prices reach $8 a gallon before he leaves office at this rate.

16 comments

• mmdv26
    12 years ago
    Actually gas prices have gone down 10% here in the Heartland in recent weeks. Doesn't mean much tho, as gas prices are based on unfettered speculation.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    shark: "Workers fear they won't be able to retire comfortably"

If they followed txtittyfan's financial advise then that fear is completely warranted.

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Use the ballot box if you don't like it.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    mmdv,

"down"? What is your frame of reference? For me, my first recollection of gas prices was when my father gave me a dime, I rode my bike with a gallon gas can to the corner service station, and filled it up for that dime. I think gas prices have gone up substantially. :)
  • EarlTee
    12 years ago
    "democrats spending money like crazy": useless oversimplification

"shadowstats.com can verify": I can find a website to "verify" just about anything. The claims made abd methodologies applied by John Williams (shadowstats.com) are controversial (some would say "debunked")..
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    And some say they are more accurate than today's government stats... (as opposed to yesterday's stats which many of shadowstats.com are).
  • Experimental
    12 years ago
    During the Bush administration, shadowstats.com reported the same stuff, the same rampant inflation, blah blah blah. I'll bet you didn't care then eh Sharkhunter ;)
    You see, 6 years ago Republicans decried the people behind shadowstats as filthy no good liberals and their doctored statistics. Now suddenly they are credible and valid? LMAO.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I did use the ballot box and my ballot and 5 others was nullified by and old black cunt that voted 6 times and is getting away with it. It does not take many 6 time voters for a criminal like the obmanation to cheat his way into office. Obama is the reason abortion should have been legalized in the 50's
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    shadowstats is not to be confused with shadowcats. :)
  • EarlTee
    12 years ago
    And I'll bet shadowcat's stats are more interesting and reliable than shadowstats' stats.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I’m definitely concerned about my future retirement – I’m hoping I’ll still be able to get LDs :)

• JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Da juice has no worries....I invest
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Tiredtraveler sounds like one of those crazy lunatics that is preparing to try to assassinate the president lol.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Bush was just as bad as Obama. You could call Obama Bush II as far as I'm concerned. At least I don't hear the same crap about valuing a strong dollar while it takes a dive compared to other currencies and gold. I believe shadowstats has been much more accurate than any of the new methods the government uses t account for inflation. The methods were changed a long time ago I believe so the government didn't have to pay out as much to people collecting social security since the government pays an annual cost of living increase based on their officially recorded numbers.

Both democrats and republicans spent too much. I just like to criticize the party who seems the best overall at tax and spend policy increases. However who is the worst is a tough call considering the trillions spent on wars. I think Obama has spent more in a few years than has been spent in most of the United States history combined. He is the current president so I credit him. While I agree with getting the economy to grow faster, I disagree with more government regulations, red tape, taxes of all kinds and lots of extra government spending. I voted but still disagree.

I feel like a minority opinion but hope things improve.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Good call Ranukam.
    Actually, Tiredtraveler sounds like HoneyBooBoo, desperate for attention so says outrageous bullshit.

Sounds like the kind of douchebag who would go into a bar for the first time, waddle up to that bar and start proclaiming loudly his extremist political positions and then claim to be a victim when people don't appreciate it and tell him to shut his fat diarrhea hole. Sounds about right TiredTravler, yeah it does.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Retirement? Highly over-rated IMO.

I did that gig for two years......hated it. Soooooooooo booooooring.

My aim now is to work as long as my old man did. He put his last crop in the ground the year he turned 85. One of my early oil patch mentors just shut it down this year at age 87.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion