tuscl

OT for anyone who missed it. Jeff Gordon takes a test drive with an unsuspectin

11 comments

• farmerart
    12 years ago
    Even though most of it was so obviously a staged stunt, it WAS hilarious.

I still think that those NASCAR rednecks can only drive in circles with left-turning-only cars.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I argued with my boss over this whether it was real or staged.

I said obviously staged. My boss claimed "it was real - did you see how scared the salesman was?"

I think my boss is an idiot.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Just watched it again. Further to my thesis about NASCAR drivers' abilities.........Anybody notice that all the 'doughnuts' in the commercial were left-handers? There was only a single right hand turn in the entire video and it was a very gentle one.

Most obviously staged. No NASCAR driver would take the risk of that loading dock segment.

All the same, I really liked this video, my fatal fascination with speed, I guess. I remember the thrill of my first controlled high speed 'doughnut, at the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    @mh
    Yes, your boss IS an idiot, or maybe he was just drunk.

This isn't an Undercover Boss type set-up. The salesman could have had a heart attack from the stress of it all, "Gordon" could have actually wrecked the car and injured someone. Totally irresponsible premise for Pepsi or Chevy to produce.

A lot like paying for lap dances in advance.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    Yes, a funny vid, though my favorite pepsi vid is the 1987 "Topgun" Diet Pepsi ad.
    Throw in another vote for being staged, and for motorheads' boss being an idiot. Does anyone seriously think that a major corporation would be behind pulling a real stunt like this one ? The car probably wasn't even in dealer inventory- if it were, they'd be (well?) compensated by Pepsi for going along with it. Also, a lot of dealers make a copy of test drivers license as a condition of going on a test drive. Again, would a major corporation be behind producing a fake license for "Mike" just to pull a stunt like this ?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Funny stuff.

RickyBoyDugan strikes as the kind of guy who worked as a car salesman before. Ricky would totally wet his pants like that guy did too.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Staged.

motorhead, isn't every boss an idiot?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    +1 jack

Yes lol
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    12 years ago
    Staged. Had to be.

Wouldn't the salesman have had to check the drivers license on 'Mike' ?

Even Pepsi and GM could be extremely liable for producing false documents, especially in the post 9-11 years.
  • likes2look
    12 years ago
    Motorhead,

I didn't know we worked for the same Idiot....errrr Boss.

• sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Maybe the sales guy didn't know but everyone else did. It's still funny.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion