tuscl

O.T. - I Have A Hard On For This Car

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:17 PM
Ferrari has just unveiled its new model - LaFerrari, the so-called hyper hybrid. 6.3 litre V12 engine; 963 horsepower; top speed of 350+kph; price 1,000,000 Euro ($1.3Mil); 499 units offered for sale (all sold). I had sworn off hot cars BUT the pics of this brute really have my blood boiling. 350+kph?.....Holy Shit! I have a fascination with high speed and once cranked up my Testarossa to 300kph but another 50kph on top of that? I can only dream (and shit my pants). Here is a link to some pics: [view link]

24 comments

• jester214
    11 years ago
    That's a damn fine car. I'd be curious to see the list of buyers. Wonder how many are getting shipped to Brunei?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the update – but we dunce Americanos don’t understand “kph” :)
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Papi, all you need to know is that 350kph is fuckin' fast!
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    If you show up to the SC in one of those and the word gets around – you are going to have to beat them (dancers) off of you :)
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Where does the HP race end? Seems like every week Shelby or somebody else comes out with a 1,000 HP auto that only the very rich can afford and you still can't drive it that fast on any highway.
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    the HP race doesn't end, and it shouldn't, although i don't think this car is trying to break the record for most horse power in a production car, as SSC Aero holds the record at 1300+, and Bugatti still holds the fastest production car record... at 430km/h. That's all great, LaFerrari seems like one of best looking supercars ever, & I'm still here saving up for a 458...
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Papi: Assuming a kilometer is 5/8 of a mile (0.625) then 350 kph would equal about 218.75 mph. That is indeed, "fucking fast" as farmerart points outs. Also, look at the speedometer on your own car for comparison. I always get a kick out of crossing the border into Canada. Where Interstate 5 leaves the U.S. at Blaine, WA, and enters British Columbia, the U.S. speed limit is 60 mph. That immediately changes to 100 kph. It certainly doesn't feel like driving "a hundred."
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Surely not overcompensating for shortcomings, right Art? :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Surely not overcompensating for shortcomings, right Art …” I don’t think he is – “AND DON’T CALL HIM SHIRLEY” :)
  • bubbaloo
    11 years ago
    Spped limit is way too low and speed cops would never allow you to drive this in the USA. Plus Obama and his redistribute the wealth gang would be all over it. Think how many votes could be bought by handing out free cell phones and other freebies from the left with that kind of money.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Not nearly as fast as the Bugatti Veyron.
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    Too bad the tires disintegrate too soon on the Bugatti. Hopefully they equip the Ferrari with better tires.
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    The tires alone on a Bugatti cost $20,000, I didn't know you can get better than that...
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    @motorhead I think we're all overcompensating for some things, especially guys in this community.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    art- I am of the opinion that one would be wise not to buy a car that costs more than 1/3 of ones annual income. So, if you make more than $3.9M/yr., I won't brand you as imprudent. That said, I would speculate that buyers of this "vehicle" would make this merely one of several OTHER toys. I would guess those guys have an exchequer north of $50M........
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    art actually does sound like he makes north of 4m a year.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Then a lot of people aren't very wise minnow. ;) I do agree with you.
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    art, can I have a job?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Art – will you adopt me ? :)
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    Was in SF for the past few days. No time for ROB SC's, but did see a couple of Ferrari's and a Lamborghini. Fascinatingly beautiful cars!
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I want a BMW i8 electric sports car. [view link] But the price is $160,000. I think I'll stick to my Z-4.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Still prefer a Harley. Also good for women, and women that don't have near as high "maintenance fees" as do those that hang with exotic car owners.
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    dalex, when the tires cost $20,000, they should last longer than a tank of gas at over 200 mph. :)
  • ArcadeProject
    11 years ago
    Alternatively, get a Nissan GT-R, ship it to AMS and get their Alpha 12 package, devote the $1.1 million you save to good times with lovely ladies. Or save a few extra bucks and just get their Alpha 9 package. Trust me, it's lots of fun! That said, the Ferrari looks fabulous.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion