tuscl

Do the High Mileage Clubs Get More Reviews?

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Friday, March 1, 2013 7:34 PM
Following Samsung's and Papi_Chulo's recent threads about clubs that get the most reviews, I had a different thought: Here in Seattle, I've noticed over the past six months or more, that only two of the 13 Puget Sound Region clubs really get a lot of reviews (Pandora's and Sands). Those two are the only clubs that seem to offer high mileage. Neither have cameras, nor much human supervision. Two others don't have camera's but are dives (Centerfolds and Dancing Bare, and get very little business). All the rest have cameras (Deja Vu-owned clubs and Sin Rock.) Otherwise, maybe the very large clubs get a lot of reviews, only because more customers patronize them. What are your thoughts on WHY certain clubs get more reviews than others?

10 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Obviously the most popular clubs get the most reviews. What make a club popular could be variable but I think high mileage is probably the main reason.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Well... are you talking only clubs with a certain city or overall? If you are only comparing clubs within a certain area against each other, then the more popular clubs get more reviews compared to the local competition, and higher mileage is one possible reason for higher popularity as shadow says. Of course, in a town where the mileage doesn't vary much from club to club, there would have to be other factors in play such as dive vs. nice. However, you cannot apply such an argument when comparing clubs which are not in geographic proximity. Hong Kong and Adeltia have a few hundred reviews compared to Mons at almost 1200. Certain Mississauga, Ontario clubs have less than 100 reviews, but I'd would expect farmerart to tell you anything can be had there. Also, you argument probably also doesn't holed where there is a large tourism presence involved. Burbon St clubs may have more reviews than other NOLA clubs but you probably get better mileage off Burbon St.
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    Remember that we tend to draw the hardcore club patron here so it would tend toward the clubs favorable to the hardcore club patron. Obviously large cities also have an advantage and clubs with a long history. I think that the biggest factor is that good reviews here yield more site visitors sent to those clubs, more reviews.
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    I seen guys review a single club dozen times due to return rate, and of course the return rate is determined by mileage.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Usually the most popular clubs get the most reviews. And, yes, high availability of extras usually contributes to popularity. An exception might be Vegas, but that city has a peculiar hustle the tourist mentality (essence of its being actually).
  • segui
    11 years ago
    It depends on the dancer quality, mileage and price.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't doubt it if it was true. Someone on here is probably looking for a high mileage club of whatever area they are looking at, so they will go to the high mileage club instead of the low mileage club. Of course, mileage isn't everything. Some clubs just have better name recognition.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    Makes sense that the most popular clubs would be most reviewed. Here in Brevard County Inner Room is only one of 6 clubs but it gets reviewed more than all the other clubs combined and for good reason. It has consistently higher mileage and lower cost than the others.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    Initially I thought the high mileage clubs around here got the fewest reviews by far, but looking at the numbers there doesn't seem to be much correlation. The correlation may be stronger with opening date, but I'm not sure enough on how long some of these have been around to know. Like others have said, I think it would be great to see a total review count as well as a recent (say 6 months) review count. The reviews in the past 6 months vs mileage would be interesting. For my part, I think I'm probably more likely to review a club if it stands out - either shitty or great. So it would stand to reason to me that the "average" clubs have the fewest reviews, but either end of the spectrum probably have more.
  • jthershey
    11 years ago
    Popularity does determine the number of reviews a club gets, and I will say popularity among reviewers not just "normal" folk. But I've been to many clubs here in Phoenix at least that have hardly been reviewed, but offer great mileage. So it seems to be about the overall experience. That means popularity is determined by mileage, girls, venue, location, value, etc. It also seems that reviews are becoming a big factor and club owners should take note. Good reviews = more customers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion