tuscl

Clubs with the most reviews?

Baby dolls in Dallas has over 1,000 reviews. Christie's in canton has less than 100. Does review count threshold matter to you?

12 comments

• minnow
    12 years ago
    How far back does review count go? Back to the 1990's ? I'm skeptical about a club that gets less than 12 reviews per year, especially so on a club whose latest review is older than 6 months. OTOH, clubs with more than 100 reviews per year, or 10 reviews in last month indicate some degree of popularity.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Hard to say. I expect clubs in/near major cities to get more reviews, vs. podunk rural clubs where I live. Long stretches without any reviews is probably more of a concern than 1 vs 100 reviews per month.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    What is the length of the reviews and how much useful detail is there? If most of the reviews are these tiny short paragraph reviews that SAY nothing, then I'd be concerned about any info regarding the club.

ALL reviews should have a more in depth vetting before being posted.
  • toysales
    12 years ago
    The city I frequent gets sporadic reviews. So for those reading Fayetteville NC clubs need more quality reviews.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "The city I frequent gets sporadic reviews. So for those reading Fayetteville NC clubs need more quality reviews"

Well toysales, PROVIDE reviews for these clubs. You only have 6 reviews. Contribute MORE.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Alucard he's been here 6 months and reviewed 5 different clubs, you've been here 20 times as long and have contributed information on less than 4 times the number of clubs he has, maybe you should contribute more. You really have turned into a bitter asshole who contributes very little.

# of reviews matters to me. Once you get into the 300's and up I feel that by sheer number the pure crap will be out weighed if only by sheer numbers.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    My favorite club already has 25 reviews for this month already. What does that tell you?

TUSCL used to have a feature showing the clubs with the overall most reviews. This is not necessarily a good indication of how good a club is. Some clubs may have been great 5 years ago but now suck.

I have aways thought that a better indicator would be a top 10 of clubs with the most reviews in the past 30 days. This would be a very good indication if which clubs are presently hot(popular.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    @toysales- The great Alucard has spoken, you better listen. LMAO
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    I like shadow's proposal. And the flip side of the coin, I do notice when a popular club starts slipping in the frequency of reviews. The shills seem to stand out more. And you wonder what the problems are.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Reviews go back to the beginning of 2004. I doubt a review from 2004 is relevant for a club in 2013. Considering how fast things change at some clubs, I'm not sure anything older than a year is relevant. As for the sheer number of reviews of a club, that depends almost entirely on how close to a major population center it is. But a club that gets a lot of reviews isn't necessarily good. Just looking at my hotlist, the club that gets the most reviews is Miss Kitty's in Washington Park, IL, but everyone seems to have something to complain about there.

I would personally make the top 10 list so that it was a rolling one year list, meaning only the reviews from the last year count. I don't know how many reviews should allow a club to be on the list, but 1 a month seems reasonable.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    shadowcat brings back a good idea of having a list to tell us what clubs are hot at the current moment. Although the Top 10 page is already getting pretty cluttered.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Back in 2005, they had the following:

The Top Forty Rated Clubs (minimum 8 different reviewers)

The Top Forty Reviewed Clubs

The Top Forty Clubs With The Most Chat

The Top Forty Members With The Most Published Reviews (A personal thanks to these guys! F)

The Top Forty Viewed Clubs

Back in 2005, the club with the most reviews was Rick's in Seattle but it is now closed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion