tuscl

Which came first, the drugs or the club?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Last year one of my former favorites went before the judge for her third drug bust. The judge offered her 18 months in jail or 6 months in rehab. She chose the rehab. Two months ago one of my buddies spotted her waitressing at an IHOP while she was in a half way house. She told him that she would be back working at the club in January. That her 6 months would be up. I heard yesterday from a stripper friend of hers that she came back 2 weeks ago but got fired on her first day back due to cocaine.

There is probably no hope for her but got me to thinking. Did the cocaine make her work at the club or did working at the club turn her into an addict?

20 comments

• Estafador
    12 years ago
    I say personally it varies, but from the stories I've heard (none of them were in the club, I just happened to run into stripper hoes on the street), its always the club that's the effect and the variable is the cause. In this case, the variable is the drugs. Of course generally, the variable could be anything.
  • tenisbum1776
    12 years ago
    I'd say it's "yes" to both questions. Classic "chicken and egg". People have addictive personalities. She would have become an addict anyway unless she had the self discipline to avoid that first snort.

Strip clubs provide the easy money to continue the habit for a time. But as the habit grows more powerful and the income dwindles because of the physical negative effects of the drugs, she turns to OTC to make up the difference.

I'd guess a more thought provoking philosophic question is are we enabling this destructive personal behavior by giving these women the money they need?
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Was giving them the money a mistake the first time because she look seductive in clothing or did you already knew she took drugs beforehand and just wanted to put your dick in it. I denied all hoes of sex because pretty much all of them took drugs (I'm not talking about weed either). That shit leaves me feeling quesy, last hoe that tried to fuck me, I heavily denied befause literally just touching her shoulder, it left my hand smelling gross. I puked as soon as I got home because of it.
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    Tenisbum - I've been beating myself up over that last question. My ATF has been a heroin addict for more than 10 years. She's currently on methadone but still relapses frequently. A few months ago she went on a crack bender for about a month. She had saved $5000 and blew through that. She has been to rehab 17 times . Her boyfriend called me a few months ago asking me not to see her any more cause I was enabling her habit. However I'm weak, too. I never thought I'd have a pussy addiction, but I just can't say no. One time I was traveling and she called me asking me to send a $200 Moneygram. I said no. She said that she was gonna give 5 guys blowjobs for $40. each. I stupidly sent the money. I don't think there is an answer to this problem, other than adopting a "fuck it" attitude and saying go blow the 5 guys.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    Why do you guys think strippers are some sort of subset of girls? Was anyone here young and single in the 80's? Civi girls hooking up with guys in nightclubs and fucking them for a little blow. Girls are girls.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I can’t say I know much about drugs and or drug use; but I would think the club atmosphere (and the amount of time dancers spend in this atmosphere) and the people (customers and fellow employees) dancers will come in contact with on a regular basis can definitely offer or enhance the opportunity for a dancer to become a drug user/addict.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    I know the dancer you are referring to and would guess that she was probably a user before becoming a dancer. That is a pure guess on my part. In any case the easy money and drug availability in her club surely made the problem much worse.
    I had never thought much about the enableing part, but I suppose we all contribute to the habits when we go to high mileage clubs. I would assume that high mileage clubs are largely a result of drug addiced dancers. As a customer , I assume that in some way I contribute to the problem. That being said, I am a firm believer in personal responsibility and will not quit going because some of the dancers use my money to buy drugs.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    You guys are better than me. I just cannot, put my dick in drug induced pussy. I tried and I just couldn't stomach putting my dick in it.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Ask her SC!
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    The club is an after effect. She was probably getting high in high school or what have you. No one would dare say it was the high school that was the cause - but they sure will say it is the clubs!

There are many causes from parental rejection to way to much parental attention (if ya know what I mean!)

I am not saying the clubs help people in that situation but I think their permissive attitudes (compared to a "real" job) don't help.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    It's an easy question, A, B, Club, Drugs, E, F, G, H, I,...ETC.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I think I'm with estafador on this one. If I knew a dancer had a drug issue. I would not mess w/her. I'm sure I have had dances w/dancers on drugs. But I did not know. Now if they look high or fall down drunk I'm not getting dances w/those dancers either.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    There are very few strippers who aren't on drugs. If a girl starts stripping and she isn't on drugs, she'll be introduced to them by the girls at the club.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    With a sample size of one it could be either for your favorite. But I think if you interviewed a large number of addict strippers the majority of them were addicted to something when they started, although they may have escalated their use once working in the club.

If you think about it stripping is about the ideal job for an addict. It provides quick cash with no degree, specialized training, analytic, or decision making skills. Its main requirement is a total lack of shame regarding what they are willing to do for money.

Now of course the club can make it a lot worse, particularly if they are also looking aside at dealing and use inside the club itself.
  • joewebber
    12 years ago
    it used to be that the girls would find a reason to start dancing, (bad home life, school, friends were stripping) and then make those bad choices (drugs, pregnancy, etc)
    now, it seems that most new dancers are already single moms, or drug addicts, or both.

Seems that the environment is attractive to that type of person.

• DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I think for most girls, at least most of the ones I've considered favorites over the years, the drugs (or the alcohol, or whatever) came first. My current ATF more or less admits she was screwed up before she ever became a dancer. Dancing just made it easier to make bad decisions, at least for her. In fact, I find it hard to believe the club by itself can turn one into a drug addict/alcoholic. Then again, I think the typical rock star has a comparable job, in the sense that they entertain a bunch of strangers, and I don't think any big time rock star was a drug addict until they got famous and made the big money. You do have to wonder sometimes if there are people whose purpose in the strip club business is to fuck them up royally.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    canny,

Talk about a generalization! I know a number of dancers personally, ATF, faves, general knowledge and none use drugs. And a surprising number don't even drink. Now unless I just pick them well, you are way off. I am not saying a number do use, but not (...very few strippers...), as you state.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    I thought my dick came first. Girls always are astonish at how "big" my cock is. I assume they do drugs to compensate for lack of Estafador's dick and go to the club because now their addicted to angel dust lol
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    The mindset of an addict has nothing to do with place of work. Addicts are everywhere in our society; addicts of both sexes.

In my travels in the SC world I shun dancers who are obviously ripped; otherwise business as normal for me as I do my hunting.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    From what I've read, the best evidence is that for coke, pot and E, like alcohol, most people who indulge are not addicts. I have no problem getting dances if she snorts the occasional line, but not if she's an alcoholic. Don't want to be buying the nails for anybody's coffin.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion