tuscl

Dancers who make more than thier customers

Monday, February 27, 2006 8:37 PM
occassionally (3 to 4 times a year) I'll go in to Rick's in Seattle and spend a grand. And even more often, I'll go and get three forty dollar dances. But it has often made me a little jealous that these dancers make way more money than I do. And a lot of dancers do make more than a good number of thier customers. Does it bother anyone else if thier income is not as much as the dancers who entertain them??

12 comments

• DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I don't know why anyone would care. I have friends who make more and friends who make less than I do. It should be no different with dancers.
  • tropicalH2O
    18 years ago
    Stripping is one of the few "equalizer jobs". Most women make less money then men do. Dancing for a few seasons offers a lady the chance to spoil herself a bit and not worry about money. I'm sure that during your career(s) you will make a lot more money than dancers will in their combined careers and motherhood.
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    Why on earth would anyone be bothered if a stripper earns more than they do? That would take the word "insecurity" to a level off the map. Yikes.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    They may make more in any given year, but I doubt if very many strippers will have lifetime earnings anywhere near what most of ours will be. Many of them are making far more today than they ever will in their future and they're making it at an age where they don't have enough sense to save some of it. A lot of these girls will be completely broke 20 years from now with poor future earnings prospects. Earning big money easily when you're 20 years old is probably one of the worst things that can happen to you because it totally distors your values.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I don't care if the girl I'm considering for a lap dance is making $4 million a year tax free or if she is making only 100 dollars a week. If I like her and she seems to have a good attitude it doesn't bother me and is not even a concern to me. I suppose if I found out a dancer was making an unusually large amount of money or very small amount, it might give me other ideas about the dancer. What I really can't stand about dancers are the ones with the big attitude problem. You know the type, they don't accept no graciously, they refuse your tip if they think it is beneath them, they give other insulting gestures or comments as they leave your table if you didn't accept their dance offer. The insults can be general insults such as "let me know when you want a dance from a real woman" as if you haven't had any real women so far or as if no other dancer is a real woman. That's like 2 insults in one.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I might even be willing tip the plumber if he'd keep his pants pulled up over his buttcrack.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    My plumber makes more than I do. Doesn't bother me a bit since he has skills I don't posess. I also don't feel any less masculine for paying someone the going rate to work on my plumbing so long as they do the job to my satisfaction.
  • giveitayank
    18 years ago
    Davids...That's due to fact that many times, we males let them.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    I think it's a sad testimony to the lack of masculinity of American males that strippers are able to fleece customers for a s much as they do.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I don't have as desirable a body as theirs, so why should it bother me? Do you think the same about rock stars, movie stars and athletes, whose earnings dwarf ours or any dancer's? Besides, I DO make as much as most dancers, certainly when you compare our careers over 10 years or more. Even on an hourly basis, I bill as much as some VIP rooms just to sit through a boring meeting, with no touching allowed.
  • messaround
    18 years ago
    I don't make bad $$ but college tuitions etc. take a lot of it - a single stripper making top $$ is better off than I am - I guess it does bother me a little - if you dwell on it it will make you crazy
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    I'm not sure that many dancers make a higher income than me, although it is certainly possible that some dancers take home more than I do. I remember one time talking to a stripper who was planning her "escape" from stripping, and had no concerns about it, because she was training for a new job in a truly lucrative paramedical area, and the average pay in her area was the same as she was clearing as a stripper. However, she became very discouraged when I pointed out to her that, in a civilian job, she would have no choice about whether to pay taxes (she was "pro-choice" on the tax question, but the answer had always been "no.") I also introduced her to her new dependent, FICA. It turned out that she was going to take quite a hit in her bid for respectability. She recovered quickly, however, and suggested that this was all the more reason that I should tip her more generously than usual....
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion